iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Which 80's Movies Have You Never Seen? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which 80's Movies Have You Never Seen?
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That poster makes Dreamscape look like Indiana Jones! Talk about false advertising!

quote:
15/16. That year I had my first boyfriend. We went to see movies like Dreamscape-(awesome), Dune, Purple Rain.
Yeah... too old for Goonies. Kids like to watch films about people older - not younger - than themselves.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
logan5 .. hold up.. Brand & Andy were at least 15 in "The Goonies", so I think that is part of the reason that it appealed to alot of older kids too.

"Braces? I don't wear braces, Mikey wears bra... Mikey! That little..."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no idea
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off the top of my head?

Indiana Jones (never saw any of them)
Crocodile Dundee (don't think I need to see these)
Romancing The Stone
Jewel of The Nile
Steel Magnolias
Breaking All The Rules
Rad
Fletch
Hellraiser

Just a random list...there's many more...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, you haven't seen Fletch? Fletch?! That's just outrageous [Razz]

I can't think of any well known movies that I haven't seen yet, I'm sure there are tons, but I am currently working my way through the B movies and worse. Watching these films...well...it's usually fun and horrible at the same time.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
logan5 .. hold up.. Brand & Andy were at least 15 in "The Goonies", so I think that is part of the reason that it appealed to alot of older kids too.
In terms of physical attractiveness, sure. But younger people will always gravitate towards things that seem a little older and 'cooler'. So a fifteen year-old in '85 would've potentially seen Goonies as a kids movie (even though there is a lot of stuff to enjoy) and just been turned off by the idea. A fifteen year-old in '85 would've watched... 'Return of the Living Dead' or 'Terminator'. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there were plenty of people in their mid-teens who watched and loved Goonies, but there would also have been a large group that would've naturally gravitated towards things that seemed more mature. Hope I'm making sense.

quote:
no idea
You're being over-emotional.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
That poster makes Dreamscape look like Indiana Jones! Talk about false advertising!

Yeah... too old for Goonies. Kids like to watch films about people older - not younger - than themselves.

very true logan, i never realised that but in hindsight its incredibly true.???wonder why?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i think about ages i watched certain movies this kind of makes sense. i watched return of the living dead at about 14-15 and loved it, just awsome movie and terminator about 12 which i felt was too much for me and so dont really have much of a kinship with that movie. right movies at the right age = total nostalgia imo.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
very true logan, i never realised that but in hindsight its incredibly true.???wonder why?
I think as we get older we begin to forget just how much a small age difference made back when we were kids. To a 12 year-old a 16 year-old is practically an adult. Kids like to always feel that they're moving forward. If they think something is a step back it would seem 'infantile'.

I saw Goonies at about the age of 11, and I loved it. I was a hair under the age of the 'kids', and there were a few teens to make it seem even cooler. I saw 'The Monster Squad' at around the age of 13/14, and I thought it was a kids movie! Like you, I was starting to watch all the 'genuine' action / horror movies that I'd missed ('Halloween' / 'Friday the 13th', etc).

quote:
right movies at the right age = total nostalgia imo.
Totally. Timing makes all the difference.

A friend of mine said when he saw Goonies he found it unremarkable, but that he loved E.T. and was totally nostalgic for it. The difference? 11 for E.T. 14 for Goonies.

Those few years seem to make all the difference!

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually totally agree with your points logan5 & Oneyed. I do believe age especially between the age of 10-16 can influence your connection to a particular film. I was just pointing out that even though it might be considered a kids movie by most.. the addition of teenage characters can still make the movie appealling to that 14/16 range.

My example would be "Adventures In Babysitting" .. depending on your age at the time you watched it.. it could be classified as 'The Quest For Thor' because of Sara or as 'I Want To Marry Chris Parker' for any teenage guy because of Elisabeth Shue.

"Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely analyzed, you guys. It really is about the line that goes from pre-puberty to purberty. "Adventures in Babysitting" is a fine example, Valley. It has elements that are appealing across the spectrum. I'm still knocked out by the clever soundtrack. If you expose kids at a young age to really, really good music--e.g., the blues or jazz--you wil give them a lifetime gift. This movie does that. And it's cute and funny too. You can't beat that.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Off the top of my head?

Indiana Jones (never saw any of them)

[Confused] So what theme do you have in your head whilst running for the bus?

Fletch is a classic, Crocodile Dundee not so much, though I'm sure every man on this site has, at least once in their life, put on an Australian accent and quoted the line: "That's not a knife...now THAT'S a knife!"

I've never seen...

Losin’ It
Class (some of it)
A Fish Called Wanda
Officer and a Gentlemen
Iron Eagle (some of it)
Fame
Flashdance (some of it)

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
A Fish Called Wanda

Lucky you [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on There'll be no morning for us!
It´s one of the most overrated flicks IMHO.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
My example would be "Adventures In Babysitting" .. depending on your age at the time you watched it.. it could be classified as 'The Quest For Thor' because of Sara or as 'I Want To Marry Chris Parker' for any teenage guy because of Elisabeth Shue.
Ah... what a difference a few hormones make!

Mind you... 'A Night on the Town' will always be the quest for Thor to me!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home