iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Amazing Stories

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amazing Stories
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally bought the first season dvd's and they arrived yesterday.The Rewinder looking for "Go To the Head of the Class" was my nudge to finally make the purchase.

I loved Amazing Stories as a child. The show ran from 1985-1987. Only two seasons. I always remember sitting down to that theme song with the flying book.

Beautiful cinmetography......score......great cast.....wonderfully written!

Amazing Stories stay in my memory as mini 80's movies. Quite often Rewinders on the hunt for movies will describe an episode they remember as a movie they forgot. I've solved those a few times because I loved the show so much.

at the time for me there was Amazing Stories (family watchable stories) then there was equally loved Tales From the Crypt (more adult stories)

anyone have any favorite episodes?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy .. "Amazing Stories" was a wicked fun tv series. I haven't seen it since the 80's though. And actually didn't appreciate it back then like I do now.

You are going to have a blast seeing some of your fav 80's actors in different roles.. Patrick Swayze, Judd Nelson, Matthew Laborteaux, Seth Green, and Andrew McCarthy to name a few.

Did you get both seasons?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is season two available on DVD yet?

I just watched the first two episodes.

Ghost Train with Lukas Haas which I remember well.

and Main Attraction until I started watching it I remembered it.....I knew the end....but it was a riot to watch and great!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faust1979
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Faust1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that episode of Amazing stories where the guy carries his head around scaring the hell out of some teenager in a house. That episode scared the beejesuz out of me when I was a kid
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the first season but the second season isn't available in the UK yet.

Can't wait... some of my favourites are on season 2.

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first season box is on the shelf but i haven´t watched any episodes yet.

It seems that they will not release season 2 for unknown reasons... [Confused]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Head of the Class' was actually my fave. Good stuff! I always get the stories in Amazing Stories mixed up with other series' of the time like the 80's Twilight Zone.

[ 16. April 2010, 08:01: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
me too Logan....Twlight Zone and Friday the 13th the Series. There was an episode I always thought was amazing stories about a girl and a mirror that makes people love her and I discovered it was Friday 13th and watched it on Youtube took me straight back to the slumber party I remember watching it at .....i'll report more when I watch more Amazing Stories

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home