iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » VALET GIRLS OR VALLEY GIRL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VALET GIRLS OR VALLEY GIRL
KING 80'S
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7744

4 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KING 80'S   Email KING 80'S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i CHOOSE VALET GIRLS BECAUSE THERE IS MORE 80'S FEEL IN THAT MOVIE PLUS GR8 80'S CARS, MUSIC AND HOT 80'S GIRLS ! SO tell me which movie you pick and why you picked iT?

[ 10. April 2010, 21:26: Message edited by: KING 80'S ]

Posts: 95 | From: CANADA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not even close.. "Valet Girls" is a cheesy romp while "Valley Girl" is 80's awesome.

[ 10. April 2010, 23:18: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Admirer .. yes?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sORRY VALLEY I JUST FELT LIke being silly.

But yeah, Valley Girl is a great movie, an all-time champ, while Valet Girls is just a great b-movie. I enjoy them both for sure though. But I also love Streets Of Fire and One Crazy Summer, so there's no hope for me.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
100% valley without a doubt. Shouldnt even be a question.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey.. you know I love "Streets of Fire" as well.

And I actually enjoyed "Valet Girls".. I even started a thread about it a few years ago. I totally realize movie watching is completely subjective and not everyone is going to agree. But as everyone knows "Valley Girl" is my all-time fav flick.. so I just can't let a posting like this go down without me defending the greatness that is "Valley Girl"!

oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you really date julie??
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
Besides the gory details behind Valley and Julie dating, I'd also like to know what KING 80'S favorite part of Valet Girls is? Or anyone's?
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never saw Valet Girls-but saw Valley Girl in the theater with my Dad when I was 13-(it was playing with a Monty Python's The Meaning of Life-like OMG!! seeing that movie with your Dad??!!)

Anyway-love Valley Girl-the music was the best-especially The Plimsouls [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kindof don't even want to know how these are any bit similar then their titles haha

and really HOW DARE they be compared!!!

Valet Girls is a silly B movie about girls in high heels valet'n cars i've seen it and it's not awesome at all....the girls aren't even that cute!!!or hot??? Can I say BAD ACTING....hahah
ok Rant over

VALLEY GIRL TOP NOTCH MOVIE

really weird coincidence but just yesterday I took my friend to a VHS store and I picked up Valet Girls and told her about it and she laughed so hard....she's 22. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
How dare you speak that way of Valet girls!
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes yes....VALLEY GIRL is on UK tv tonight.
ive never actually seen it so i cannot wait to check out Valley's fave movie finally [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Smayt.. that is awesome.. the soundtrack for "Valley Girl" will draw you in.. so listen closely for some incredible tunes!

What is amazing about the soundtrack for "Valley Girl" is the fact that due to copyrights .. some of the tunes have changed from theatrical showing to VHS to DVD to network tv.. but the replacement tunes are worthy and even considered better than the originals in a few cases.

The Valley speak at the start is totally 80's Valley.. but after that I think everyone can relate to the movie..

Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well its been on just over a half hour and nic cage just went back to the party he got punched in the face at by generic 80's movie jerk in a bad sweater haha.how cool of cage to just go straight back to find the girl he doesnt even know properly yet.superb so far.and yes Valley ur right about the tunes..love my way by the psychedelic furs playing while he waited in the shower was an excellent and im guessin quite prophetic choice.the movie continues hehe....
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS: I love love love Valley Girl. After seeing it in 1983 I attempted to save $ to buy the VHS-which were like $85 back then. Found it years later and was disappointed with how they changed Deborah Foreman's "look" for the cover.

Bought 2 copies even later so I could save one sealed. Even passed up selling it on eBay for big bucks during those OOP transition to DVD days.

Now have the DVD and soundtrack CD. "Is this movie in 3-D?" "No, but your face is!"

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
was disappointed with how they changed Deborah Foreman's "look" for the cover.
That was not Deb Foreman. Look closely. Remember Randy's ex-girlfriend Samantha that he hooked up with in the club bathroom? That is her with blonde hair on the cover. I was thinking that maybe Deb hadn't been cast yet when they needed to do the session for the poster/cover so they had that actress stand in.
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Well after finally seein valley girl for the first time last nite I can safely say it was worth the wait hehe.i really enjoyed it.the clothes,the music,the style,all of it was pure 80's fun.nic cage clearly demonstrating the intensity he would bring to later roles was simmering under the surface in this film dyin to get out. I would defo say the plot to this film inspired other classics like Pretty in Pink and Mr Shrimpmeister General's fave.. Some Kind of Wonderful.and thats a good thing naturally.oh and I loved the 3D line lol cracked me up.superb
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
How dare you speak that way of Valet girls!

Ha! that did make me giggle [Big Grin]

Smayt i'm glad you got to watch VG for the first time...awesome! I do like to hear everyone's opinons and thoughts especially on first viewings! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valley
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home