iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Sequels are much better!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sequels are much better!!
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kash i totally agree with you about american werewolf in paris but seriously - Gremlins 2 better than the original....really????? Im shocked!!!! I saw gremlins at the movies at the age of 11 and i that was when i fell head over heels for Phoebe Cates....still am!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There'll be no morning for us, brain Gremlin tipped the scales in its favour, besides, the Christopher Lee role / Hammer references should be your cup of tea!

Oneeyedwily, like Pheobe Cates too but prefered Marla Bloodstone (Haviland Morris)... I was young, didn't harbour the kind of prejudice against gingers I do today [Wink]

Gremlins 2: The New Batch

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha, i watched the link and now keen to see it again. thanks. I totally forgot this movie and need to watch it again.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood Hot Tubs 2: Educating Crystal is a very good sequel.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faust1979
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Faust1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temple of Doom isn't the best of the Indiana Jones flicks. Vacation is still the best of the national lampoon vacation movies. Aliens is way better than the first one. Empire strikes back is the best of the star wars films. A nightmare on Elmstreet 3 is my favorite nightmare flick. Day of the dead is under rated. I really liked it not as much as the night of the living dead
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
ive kinda noticed almost everyone prefers empire to star wars - am i the only one who prefers star wars - i was never that wrapped up in empire - infact i saw it 3 yrs after watching return of the jedi at the cinema in London - just round the corner from where they shot the last scene in An American Werewolf in London - and theres another sequel that i think is bad - an american werewolf in Paris.

You are not on your own Willy...I prefer Star Wars to Empire but may favorite is Jedi. [Smile]
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
awsome mcfly!! AWSOME.
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All brilliant responses and really not much to capitalize on there, so I would like to touch on the other idea oneyedwilly had when asking about movies that I would have liked to have seen get a sequel...in no particular order.

Streets of Fire - How much fun would that be?!

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League

Airplane III - C'mon, this comedy is a lost art form...just one more please! (p.s. - I secretly love Airplane II - The Sequel...please don't tell anyone...shhhht)

Big Trouble in Little China 2

Blade Runner - Seriously, this story wasn't over by a long shot...

Wargames II - No, The Deadcode does not count...a proper one with Ferris as the parent this time. )It appears as though it may be working for Tron, so whynot?!)

The Thing - A classic ending, but the debate over whether one of them was The Thing rages on...

Night of the Comet - Tell me there is a single poster here that wouldn't love to see the further adventures!

Mad Max IV - Fury Road!!!!

The Lost Boys II...no...a proper one.

The Last Starfighter II - It's a big universe and more CMS please!

and finally...

The Goonies - Return to the Goon Docks...we all know they shoulda' done it. Just too rich of an idea for one movie...

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
all those you just listed would have been simply awsome and to a degree i think they would have worked quite easily.
even the goonies having a sequel would have been great even if it was bad so at least we had another goonies forum to add and debate over.

I think big trouble in little china could have really worked as a sequel but kurt russel went down the reality road and did too many b grade movies imo.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping this topic, because I was thinking of Mannequin 2. I really want to see it again. And I was informed that Zapped Again is sequel I need to see!

Someone here mentioned Gremlins 2 being better than the original. I have to say that I would rather watch part 2 more than the first. There's something about part 2 being more humorous and silly, that I dig.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take back Terminator 2. Prefer the first now.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched The Terminator for the zillionth time last night. It is an absolute classic. T2 was great but the original is a work of art. You can just feel the ocean of creativity that went inot that film. One of the best movies ever made and probably the best movie of the 80's.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, what's the go with T3 and 4. They are absolute disasters.

Not 80's but I much prefer Waynes World 2 to the original.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said earlier that T2 equals the original but i´m gonna take it back.
The original is a masterpiece!

But i still think that T3 is a good movie. Never seen T4.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.. I would have to watch T1 again..mainly for Michael Biehn.. but I really like T2 more.

Didn't like T3 at all and I don't recall seeing Salvation.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
Bumping this topic, because I was thinking of Mannequin 2. I really want to see it again. And I was informed that Zapped Again is sequel I need to see!

Someone here mentioned Gremlins 2 being better than the original. I have to say that I would rather watch part 2 more than the first. There's something about part 2 being more humorous and silly, that I dig.

-

Hey Ronnie .. wake up! "Mannequin: On The Move" is on MGMHD this morning 1/1/12. What a cast .. Kristy Swanson, William Ragsdale, Terry Kiser, Meshach Taylor, Stuart Pankin, and some chick named 'Julie Foreman' which I though was interesting.

Poor William Ragsdale still can't get anyone to believe him! And Kristy Swanson totally has her "Deadly Friend" robotic skills at work. Ha.. Terry Kiser is such a creepoid!

Don't see it upcoming in the next few weeks, but I'll keep looking for you! [Smile]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlixSideKick
unregistered

22 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gremlins 2 definitely has more of a horror comedy feel to it than did the first. It was funnier and a bit less dark even making fun of Phoebe Cates character by having her tell her "President's Day" story. Hilarious!
| Site Updates: 22 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missing in Action 2 -- The Beginning and also Braddock: Missing in Action 3.

I intend to watch the first once more before too long while the other I haven't viewed regretfully, though I would like to from what I have seen of it. I furthermore intend to write reviews of them besides Missing in Action for the Rewind.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home