iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Iceman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iceman
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie . DVR'd it a couple of days ago from the retroplex hd channel. John Lone as Charlie was amazing, and Timothy Hutton, was great too. A very well done movie, great story. Too bad it was just "full screen" 4x3 ratio. Would love to see it in its OAR of 2.35:1. Question for UK fans. IMDB and Amazon US has the run time as 100 minutes, but Amazon UK has it as 97 minutes. I believe that is due to PAL's 4% speed up. Does that sound right?
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is on my wanted list.
I saw Iceman trailer couple of weeks ago and it looked supercool!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Netflix has it, but just the full screen that they showed on tv. I ordered the one from Amazon UK. US versions cut about half of the movie off!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtf - iceman - dudes ive never heard of this - who what where how and why???
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must acknowledge that I'm more of an "Encino Man" comedy guy, but I will admit that "Iceman' brought a tear to my eye with that ending. The guy that played Charlie the Iceman was excellent. I've always enjoyed Timothy Hutton's work and this movie was no exception.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
oneeyedwilly - you should really check it out. Very underrated.
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm on list then, ive read up on it and can honestly say its rather vague to me but as it has been recommended i will hunt for it tomorrow in town. Ive got about 20 to buy right now so after watching it ill let ya know what i think.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of those 'worthy' 80's movies that was almost immediately forgotten.

I just remember being disappointed there was no Spiderman and Firestar in the movie.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Time to get back in the business after the Ice Hockey World Championships.

I watched Iceman (1984) yesterday. It´s a good, intelligent and quite touching movie.
John Lone did amazing job as the prehistoric man "Charlie" who has been frozen in a block of ice for 40,000 years.
Timothy Hutton plays anthropologist Stanley Shephard who bond with Charlie while all the doctors only want to slice him.

All in all, a nice little film for 80s sci-fi fans.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen this one atomik,I wouldn't mind checking it out,big fan of timothy Hutton,thought he was great in turk 182 and the dark half.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
Glad you enjoyed it, atomik! I'm sure you'll enjoy it too, young warrior

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home