iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The A to Z of 80's Remakes so far...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The A to Z of 80's Remakes so far...
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys,
Just read on one of my fave blogs "Stuck in the 80's'" about all the possible 80's remake's lined up & it's insane and some downright ridiculous!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry..but I agree that half of the projects will not see the light of day ( I'm surprised that is not on the list? hahaha)
Some of them are already going to hit movie theaters this year..
Thoughts?
http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/2010/03/80s-remakes-rundown-from-ateam-to-who-framed-roger-rabbit.html

Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll say it again...
remakes...
 -

[ 30. March 2010, 15:42: Message edited by: goresnet ]

Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of the movies on that list are sequels or prequels as well as remakes.

And whilst some of them do look particulary awful, I have to admit that most of them I would watch.

As far as I'm concerned, a remake is only a bad idea if its made badly.

Re-noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw some remakes mentions recently with Laverne and Shirley which floored me. I wish the Hollywood bigwigs would come up with some good ideas themselves. How come there isn't a Where's Waldo movie yet? Remaking stuff that was already good doesn't make sense to me.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But.... nobody is going to want to remake a bad movie. I know that statement doesn't cover the last two police academy flicks, but aside form those, it's true.

They will remake shows and movies which were so successful, or have achieved such cult status, that any remake will become a moneyspinner.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of them sound interesting...will have to wait and see.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The omen remake - 2006 was excellent!! Possibly the best remake ive ever seen.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home