iRewind Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hot Tub Time Machine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot Tub Time Machine
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I just walked out of Hot Tub Time Machine and while some may believe this is an '010 movie, it couldn't resemble anything less! Let me be clear...THIS IS AN 80'S MOVIE! [Big Grin]

Hilarious from beginning to end. Mid way through, you actually believe you are watching a John Cusack movie that was actually made in 1986! He was brilliant in it. I am so glad that he is having the run he is having with 2012 and now this. Next, I just need to see he an Piven get together for a mid-life crisis road buddy movie and all will be right with the world!

Craig Robinson deserves every big movie coming his way.

Clark Duke was great in his supporting role.

Rob Corddry and Collette Wolfe literally run away with this movie though! I loved them both and they were perfectly cast!

Look for Crispin Glover in a hilarious small part and William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence from the Karate Kid) in a great cameo!

This movie also had THE...BEST...SOUNDTRACK...EVER!

It will truly take you right back to 1986 and you will love it...trust me. [Wink]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is soo weird, I wrote a post about this movie with a link to the trailer last week and now it is gone:-(
Nick or Valley, do you think while I was posting on the different forums on this website I somehow deleted it??
Need answers!!
Anyway Earl- The movie does look awesome and cannot wait to see it when it hits the UK!

Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sheena.. one of the mods must have moved it to the 00's Movie Section. Come to think of it Nick.. I guess you need to add 10's Movie Section.

Wow.. are all of us ready for all of our fav 80's flicks to have a thirtieth anniversary? It is difficult for me to imagine that "Valley Girl" was filmed almost 30 years ago.

[ 28. March 2010, 15:26: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was skeptical of this movie, but after positive reviews from Rewinders that have similar movie taste.. I need to go watch it. I had planned to go today, but I'm still trying to get over the fact Kentucky lost to West Virginia in the NCAA tourney last night.

So excited about the feedback from everyone.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Valley, and you were right- One of the mods did move it to the 00's section. Silly of me not to check there:-D
yeah, I can't wait for the 30th aniversary of our fave movies as well.

Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested to see what other people say about it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys - yes, the thread was moved to the 00s Movie section, because that's what it is. Can I ask that you pop over there and discuss it? We had to do a big exercise a while back to refocus and tidy the boards, and I'm simply keeping up with the housekeeping.

Thread can be found here: 00s THREAD

As such, I'm gonna close this one.

Thx, all.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home