iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What 3 hard to obtain 80's movies ... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What 3 hard to obtain 80's movies ...
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would you recommend to everyone else as your hidden gems they need to try to find?

1. Modern Girls (1986)

-

Incredible movie that reminds of 80's fashion, music, clubs, romance.. and of course Bruno X!

No DVD available, but it had been playing on MGMHD recently. I just looked it up though and nothing on the immediate horizon. Wow.. Veronica Sawyer will not be happy about that!

2. RAD (1986)

-

So many people think of this movie as just a BMX flick, which is true to a point.. but "RAD" offers something for everyone: 80's fashion, music, romance, and of course Lori Loughlin..

No DVD release is crazy, but I know a source that can hook you up fairly cheaply so you can at least see what the fuss is about.

My first two choices were easy, but number three is quite difficult to select from the pack, but I'll go with:

3. Aloha Summer (1988)

-

Beyond obscure, but worth the watch if you can score it. Chris Makepeace from the Muffster fav "My Bodyguard", Lori Griffin from "Teen Wolf", and Don Michael Paul ... not set in the 80's, but did I mention Hawaii?

What do you recommend?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic and pictures always help! [Smile]

here's mine and this was easy:

-

I watched this flick so much as a kid and I love it.Jay Underwood, Chynna Phillips and Karen Black is one funky mom [Smile]

-

I wrote the Rewind page for this one...a definite must see....The DVD came out for a short while and was discontinued grrrr!

-
AKA Milly/ Willy a young Seth Green, Patty Duke....PAM SEGALL!! I love it and actually found out about it from the Rewind.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plenty of rares out there that need to get their proper dues!

STEELE JUSTICE 1987

-

THUNDER WARRIOR 1983

-

THUNDER WARRIOR II 1987

-

YOUNG WARRIORS 1983

-

WARBUS 1985

-

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool flicks guys!

Muffy, now we can finally see that horrendous US Milly/Willy cover art!
Worth all the praise [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Still don´t own Aloha Summer or The Invisible Kid
(i bought TIK once but never got the tape [Mad] )

JAY LEE, Some fantastic action movies there.
I´ve seen Thunder and Warbus severel times in the 80s.
(actually i´m just going to get Warbus and Warbus II so stay tuned!)

Steele Justice is a rare item.
There were only few copies in circulation here back in the day.

Young Warriors is in top 5 on my wanted list.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. On The Right Track w, Gary Coleman. Certainly not a classic, but this was one of those movies I loved as a kid...I'm sure that's why it holds a special place in my collection, and likely not in many others'. Norman Fell (Mr Roper from Three's Company) is in it, along with Jill Eilbacher...I had a huge crush on her...a real 80's kinda girl.

2. Author Author w' Al Pacino. About as sappy as you can get, and again, one of my childhood favorites. The child actors in the movie did surprisingly well. Oooy Goooy 80's feel!

3. Without A Trace. A bit of a slow paced drama, but I've come to love this movie. If you can stick it out, the ending is well worth it.

* Once again could not seem to post pics...I'm on a mission and will figure this out once and for all....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just a few that i'm after on dvd...

Terminal Exposure (1987)
Neigbors (1981)
The Sisterhood aka The Ladies Club (1986)
Rad (1986)
Firewalker (1986)
Milly/Willy (1986)

There are alot more but i can only think of these at the moment.

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

How about...

Poison Ivy, the Michael J. Fox Movie

Ice Pirates, man I love that movie.

Meatballs 3. (Patrick Dempsey is great)

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

How about...

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:

JAY LEE, Some fantastic action movies there.
I´ve seen Thunder and Warbus severel times in the 80s.
(actually i´m just going to get Warbus and Warbus II so stay tuned!)

Steele Justice is a rare item.
There were only few copies in circulation here back in the day.

Young Warriors is in top 5 on my wanted list.

I use to have Steele Justice taped off german tv back in the day, and I watched it a million times! I would kill to that movie on a decent dvd.

Young Warriors I've only seen once, But I loved it.

Don't think the Thunder Warrior flicks will ever see the light of day on a new format!

Will you get the Warbus flicks on VHS or DVD?

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh yeah, totally forgot about Meatballs 3!
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got Meatballs 3 on vhs, but it has seen better days...hope they release it on dvd soon.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

How about...

WE are DEVO

Poison Ivy and Meatballs 3 are geat flicks, i have the vhs tapes.
I also have Ice Pirates on dvd.
Watched it once but don´t remember much.

JAY LEE, those Warbus flicks are vhs tapes.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder what the hold up is with all-these movie?

Muffy, I tried to find the movie My Mom's A Werewolf after reading your review.

Valley, I'm watching Rad for the first time as we speak: Mad BMX skills! I never had a BMX but I remember the craze. Why was it so popular?

For me, its not so much about movies, but TV shows like...

Out Of This World

-

Midnight Caller

-

Hard Time On Planet Earth
 -

I think these movies and TV shows will get released someday, The Voyagers DVD set means there's still hope.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too own Ice Pirates and have finally found a place where I don't have to be afraid to admit it! [Wink]

-

Probably Three of the tops from the 80's I must have though and would EASILY recommend to others are:

Up The Creek

-

Truly just as much fun to watch on a Saturday night and a great and solid companion to Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes or any of the classics!

A never better Tim Matheson, Stephen Furst, and Dan Monahan! A great theme song by Cheap Trick that is just a difficult to find. Seek this out! Playing on Free Movies from On-Demand if any of you have Comcast Digital Cable this month!

Neighbors

-

As dark a comedy as you can find. Watch it with The Burbs or Student Bodies. It will put you in the mood for the last Belushi / Ackroyd pairing.

and finally...

Back to the Beach

-

As fun as Summer School and will just put a smile on your face and put you in a good mood! [Big Grin]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
Midnight Caller

Oh I loved that [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Out Of Bounds. Anthony Michael Hall and Jenny Wright. I really enjoyed this "fish out of water" adventure and any movie with Siouxsie And The Banshees can't be bad.
 -

2. The Wild Life. Chris Penn, Eric Stoltz and Jenny Wright. Somewhat of a Fast Times part 2. Pretty decent but for some reason..no DVD.
 -

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are looking for Milly/ Willy on DVD here it is on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Willy-Milly-NEW-PAL-Cult-DVD-Seth-Green-John-Glover_W0QQitemZ310184648203QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item4838721e0b

Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Earl, nice choices.
I like Up the Creek and Back to the Beach very much.
Neighbors i still don´t have [Wink]

skatexedge, I love Out of Bounds and The Wild Life.
Can´t really understand why no dvd´s but it´s probably the music rights issue.
Both soundtracks are huge!

Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man skatexedge! I haven't seen or thought about Out of Bounds since actually the 80's! One scene just came rusing back to me though even after all this time and that was some (foreshadowing type scene) from the beginning where AMH was on the farm and he spins around quick and throws a knife and it sticks in like a fince post or something.

I also remember really liking that movie a the time! Kind of grown up and dark for Farmer Ted! [Wink]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I forgot about nice girls don't explode. Another one you don't see often.

We are DEVO

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread has turned into a treasure chest of 80's gems. Great stuff!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orenmi
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8776

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for orenmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

found it only in VHS

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
My gosh. Treasure of the Four Crowns. I completely forgot about this movie and still wouldn't have remembered if not for the poster as well.

How do I find this one?!

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
1. On The Right Track w, Gary Coleman. Certainly not a classic, but this was one of those movies I loved as a kid...I'm sure that's why it holds a special place in my collection, and likely not in many others'. Norman Fell (Mr Roper from Three's Company) is in it, along with Jill Eilbacher...I had a huge crush on her...a real 80's kinda girl.

2. Author Author w' Al Pacino. About as sappy as you can get, and again, one of my childhood favorites. The child actors in the movie did surprisingly well. Oooy Goooy 80's feel!

two excellent choices right here.

would like to add:

-
"shoot the moon", starring albert finney, diane keaton, karen allen, peter weller, dana hill, tracey gold, & tina yothers, among others. i know this pic shows the dvd but it has been discontinued.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Treasure of the Four Crowns was directed by Ferdinando Baldi, the same guy who did Warbus.
I don´t have it but sure would like to.
I think that it was never released here which is a surprise.

There were lots of these low-budget Indy clone adventure flicks in the 80s.
I have some of them (Robbers of the Sacred Mountain, Bloodstone,
Treasure of the Moon Goddess etc.)
I´ll try and get in the adventure mood sometime soon [Cool]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home