iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rebel Yell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rebel Yell
Labyrinth
Rewind Curious
Member # 8621

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Labyrinth   Email Labyrinth       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the name of a great movie. Cute long haired teenage blonde gives herself a buzz cut after events force her to the life of a fugitive. Techo geek helps her bring the man responsible for her situation to justice. I think the song rebel yell by B.Idol was the theme song. I may be misremembering some/all of this, can anyone shed light on this?
Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Legend of Billie Jean
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh hell yeah. The thread title combined with the movie poster just stirred up some strong emotions in me. My fist is in the air...I'm ****ed off...and I'm not gonna take it anymore! [Big Grin]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far is Fair! Wish Obama used that slogan instead of yes we can. Long live TLOBJ!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Pat Benatar song was the theme. "We are Young"??
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly don't remember if Rebel Yell was in the movie for certain. I think it was, but if it wasn't - it SHOULD have been. But I do remember that Pat Benatar's "Invincible" was the big theme.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pat Benatar song that you think is "We Are Young" is as a matter of fact most likely "Love Is A Battlefield."

And yes, I can tell you that Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell" IS in the film's soundtrack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089470/soundtrack

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Pat Benatar's "Invincible" the theme song?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, "Invincible" is the theme song, and I remember it playing during the end credits.
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the classic "Invincible" is the theme tune.
Check out the great video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drSCtseoNxQ

Or even better get the excellent "Choice Cuts the Complete video collection" dvd like i did.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still don't own the vhs for this one and it was just on tv last week and I watched it before work and was in a good mood all day with
"Invincible" playing in my head [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Invincible' is a great theme! When are they gonna give this the DVD treatment it deserves?!

Fair is fair!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's a great movie, no doubt and it probably represents the last of the good Benetar songs. She didn't have any juice left for the late 80's.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever happened to Helen Slater? I liked her in this and in The Secret Of My Success. She didn't seem to have much of a career after the 80's.

Did you guys know that she was born in the same town as Brian Setzer? (Stray Cats) Massapequa, New York.

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that she is a singer now and doesn't act much anymore.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I noticed that "The Legend of Billie Jean" will be on Encore Action 2/23 at 8:30am EST. My DVR is set...
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I noticed that "The Legend of Billie Jean" will be on Encore Action 2/23 at 8:30am EST.

Yeah, and it's also available for instant streaming for anyone who has netflix.

Also, what is this I see?! http://www.dvdgo.com/dvd-la-leyenda-de-billie-jean/1380408/130330

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home