iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I'm telling you people....Big Lots!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm telling you people....Big Lots!
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been having an addiction lately....digging through the dvd's at Big Lots if you have one close I recommend going.......most of the movies are $3 and i've found so many 80's dvd's lately....tonight I bought Nightshift and Deadly Friend........also a 90's movie I've wanted forever Big Girls Don't Cry they Get Even. In the past month i've bought Kate and Allie, No Small Affair, Diner, Vice Versa, Alien from LA.........If it was an hour away I would go......lucky for me I have two in my town woo hoo!! web page
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and to add thats where I bought Class of 1984 for $3 too!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good tip! Thanks Muffy;-)
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where i live there is a market every week, where you can pick up second hand dvd's.

so far i have bought...

Fright night 2 - £3 for a oop dvd...bargain
Back to school
Better off dead
How i got into college
The last american virgin - £2...what a find

This is just a few bargains i have found over the years.

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard you can find the out of print "Valley Girl" special edition dvd there too!

I will have to check that place out. I think there's one close to my work.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bought a few there at Big Lots. Looks like I will have to stop there on my way to the Super Bowl party on Sunday and see what new ones they have gotten in.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Envy looks like this: [Embarrassed] [Frown] [Embarrassed]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy..there is a Big Lots near my house.. looks like I'll be paying it a visit. Thanks for the Skip Tip!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the tip muffy will have to check it out we have a big lots about 15 minutes away from us haven't been there in a while so now i will have to go lol!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Envy looks like this: [Embarrassed] [Frown] [Embarrassed]

I'm always envious of you guys....because there is always a "got this at a car boot sale" post, I want a car boot sale!!

People get back to me and let me know what you find [Smile]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like a garage sale! Lots of people go to a car park and open the trunk of their cars, put a table in front and load it with things from their 'car boot' (boot = trunk) and people just do a circuit looking at what's being sold. The days for bargains at car boot sales are over. The glory years were the 80's and 90's. Ah! Some great finds!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for explaining a "boot sale" Logan haha

Went to Big lots today and got Funny Farm, Immediate Family to replace my VHS and the 90's movie Book of Love for $3 each!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
'Book of Love' is something of a lost gem. Nice haul!
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked up Psycho II and Modern Romance for $3 a piece.

Would the Charles in Charge first season been worth the 8 dollars they wanted?

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
"The new boy in the neighbourhood, lives downstairs and it's understood... he's there just to take good care of me... like he's one of the family!"

Come on! The theme tune alone is worth the price of admission!

Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine has been telling me about 'Big Lots' for months now. Finally, made it there two nights ago and again this afternoon.

These are the DVD's I bought:

The Year of Living Dangerously (1982)
No Small Affair (1984)
The Flamingo Kid (1984)
Without Limits (1998)
Hangin' with The Homeboys (1991)
Assassins (1995)
James Dean: Forever Young (2005)

Double Feature with Individual DVD
Diner (1982)/Liberty Heights (1999)

Each movie was $3 each even the double feature. I haven't been this happy buying DVD's since Circuit City had their $3.99 DVD's.

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fightertown...You know I already like all the 80's flicks on your list, but the movie "Without Limits" is an awesome movie as well.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home