iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Weird Science Remake....No!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird Science Remake....No!
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that they are going to remake Weird Science and Robert Downey Jr is behind it...
Why...please don't you will just mess up what is one of my favourite John hughes films.
The series didn't work, so they should just leave it alone!
Anyone else heard anything or got any more info...

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read this several times over the last several years. I doubt they are any closer today than they were 5 years ago.

I will say however, I have become quite content with the idea of remakes. At one time I thought it may have messed up an original, but now I don't see them as even casually related. Whether they make a Quiet Man remake or Godfather, Gone With the Wind or E.T., it would in no way diminishes my enjoyment of those originals. Truly nothing can keep me from sitting down with a bowl of popcorn and a soda and enjoying an original from any decade.

If it's indication that there are no new ideas in Hollywood, well then so be it, I still have my originals on dvd that I love and can visit again and again. And if a remake just happens to surpass an original, then all the better too, hey, a new classic...I say bring it on! [Big Grin]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Downey being behind it at least gives a tie back to the original. So many remakes have no connection whatsoever to the original movie, other than someone having watched it once.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wouldn't surprise me if this did get made Hollywood doesn't seem to have a clue these days.
If they have remade The karate kid, Nightmare on elm street and Short Circuit then anything can happen

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home