iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Weird Science - what a wonderful soundtrack..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird Science - what a wonderful soundtrack..
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could dance my socks off to thos OST..Tenderness..the circle and so fourth..

Great times when i discovered this gem, and tuning in to the songs in the background!

Wish i can travel back for like 10 hours..Beauty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYc8-V1NdI4

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Funny, I think that it happen to have the worst of the John Hughes Soundtracks, The Breakfast Club Soundtrack isn't that great either, yes that's right I said it, the Breakfast Club Soundtrack is extremely overrated. I said it, deal.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the best John Hughes soundtrack is "Uncle Buck" to be honest...Can't go wrong with Tone Loc, haha.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty in Pink!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Science has a decent soundtrack.
I really like songs by Max Carl "The Circle", Oingo Boingo "Weird Science" and Taxxi "Forever".

Good melodic stuff!

Too bad they couldn´t include the Ratt classic "Wanted Man".

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Funny, I think that it happen to have the worst of the John Hughes Soundtracks, The Breakfast Club Soundtrack isn't that great either, yes that's right I said it, the Breakfast Club Soundtrack is extremely overrated. I said it, deal.
I'll stand with you if you stand alone.

quote:
I think the best John Hughes soundtrack is "Uncle Buck" to be honest...Can't go wrong with Tone Loc, haha.
Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddggggggge!!!!

quote:
Pretty in Pink!
Seconded! I'll throw in a shout-out to SKOW.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Pretty in Pink!

i agree, that soundtrack is great, so many feel good tracks!

my fav teen flick soundtrack has to be Valley Girl.

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shogun I dearly love both Valley Girl Sdtrks!

Since we were talking Hughes PIP came to my mind [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SKOW has an amazing set of music throughout the movie.
16 CANDLES is next for me. it has a ton of music in it and all are wacky/fun songs. including kajagoogoo's song, "kajagoogoo"

and i agree with what was said about WEIRD SCIENCE. i have all the music from that movie, and it had a few good ones, but the rest was just ok.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never thought of John Hughes flicks as having soundtracks that I truly wanted to own. I think all of his movies contain at least one brilliant tune, but overall they fall short as a compilation...but there is one exception to that generalized statement:

"Some Kind of Wonderful"!

Logan5 and Ronnie...thanks for reminding me how incredible the SKOW soundtrack was throughout the movie. The March Violets, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones, Flesh For Lulu, and Charlie Sexton all contributed.

My all-time fav Hughes flick is "Sixteen Candles" and it is the only other Hughes soundtrack that I would recommend, but SKOW is just special in my opinion.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is totally off the subject, but I love in "Some Kind of Wonderful" when Watts references "The Breakfast Club"...

"Mess with the bull you get the horns!"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, if you look closely during that scene you will see the "snooty" waiter from "Ferris Bueller." He's the guy that says something like, "do i look like i'm from the Sahara?"
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"To win big you gotta do what?"
"Lose big."
"Right. And what are we doin' now?"
"Losin' big!"

quote:
I've never thought of John Hughes flicks as having soundtracks that I truly wanted to own. I think all of his movies contain at least one brilliant tune, but overall they fall short as a compilation...but there is one exception to that generalized statement:

"Some Kind of Wonderful"!

If the PIP soundtrack had replaced two weaker tracks with the 'Thieves Like Us' and 'Elegia' instrumentals, I think it would rule without question. I do think that both PIP and SKOW would have benefited from their incidental music being added to the soundtracks (special edition releases? Pretty please?) I think the PIP soundtrack suffered most from what was missing. I created my own version of the PIP soundtrack many years ago and I forget that there were key tracks left off the actual release, so whenever I think of what the best Hughes soundtrack is, I think of that.

Best Hughes soundtrack? *MY* version of PIP!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheena
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5620

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sheena   Email sheena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like the songs from Weird Science, they are all cool, but I do have to agree with Ronnie, Longan5 & Valley that SKOW is a brilliant soundtrack and one of my faves that I listen to.
Posts: 56 | From: London,UK | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just pulled this album out of my mom's attic along with the rest of my record collection. I don't have a record player to play them on but I remember this one being very good.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home