iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » High School for you? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: High School for you?
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kingcain, should you want to watch "Teen Wolf," then head to teenwitch89's channel on YouTube.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya Stiles is a great call. Less greasey then Damone but always selling.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Jay Lee and I went to the same high school...

Our high school experience 84-88 was so much like Dazed and Confused. It was the first time that anyone had so succinctly captured what we went through. Yes there were snapshots from all the great 80's teen movies - perhaps why they were so universally relatable, but a cross between Dazed and Confused and Can't Hardly Wait was life in a small Northern Illinois town circa 84-88.

The complete aimlessness of a weekend night. Nothing to do...cruising...seeing everyone. Someone randomly calls for a party at the bridge or someones cabin and the word travels the strip in minutes and the next thing you know, there are like 150 kids in some field binge drinking, making out, fighting, breaking up, hooking up and throwing up. The Can't Hardly Wait part comes from the times when the party was moved to someone's house whose parents made the tragic mistake of trying to go out for a night during that four year span and we ended up destroying their home...yeah...good times. [Wink]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earl, what town did you grow up in? I'm from Illinois too so I'm just curious.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just about an hour and a half due west of you on 88 in a small town called Dixon. Hometown of Ronald Reagan...and not much else, but yes, we stomp some of the same ground...Wrigleyville, Woodfield, Fox Valley, The Loop, Michigan Avenue, Soldier Field, Navy Pier...Best...City...Ever! [Big Grin]
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drove through Dixon on my way to Vegas about 5 years ago...Visited Regan's childhood home and I think ate lunch at a McDonald's there. Oh, and one of my good friends dated a guy that lived there.

And yes, Chicago is the best city ever...The weather in the winter-time makes me hate it sometimes, but overall it's a cool place to live.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home