iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Sixteen Candles (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sixteen Candles
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha you two are great! [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about the heartfelt moments too

"that is why they call them crushes if they were easy they would call them something else!"

I got to see this as a midnight movie on the big screen a few years ago...and I remember writing on here how little things stuck out in my mind i never noticed before.

One was noticing the nail polish in the girls lockers and I remember in the theater noticing the cheesy dj at the dance sorta looking like a Culture Club wannabe....no matter how many times I have seen it, it gave it a new light. I was lucky. If only I wasn't drunk when I saw Goonies at midnight and kept nodding off....stupid decision!!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy...I totally enjoy my movie watching set-up in my basement, but I will agree that seeing some of these 80's classics on the big screen is a completely different experience. I wish there was a theater in my area similar to The New Bev in LA. I even like the midnight showing idea..kind of like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" from the 80's.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a movie theatre in Chicago called the Music Box that shows 80's movies every weekend at midnight. Sometimes, they even have stars or directors there at the screening as well. I've seen "Nightmare on Elm Street" while Robert Englund was there and "Friday the 13th" with most of the cast there.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is it at Veronica?! I must go! Is there schedule that you know of or do you just have to check on Thrusdays or something? Does it get pretty crowded (hard to get tickets?)?
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earl, here is the web site for the theatre - Music Box Theatre

You can find a schedule of events there for upcoming movies. I think you can join a mailing list too. Tonight they're showing "Neverending Story."

Tickets are actually really easy to come by and the theatre is really cool too. Usually, every year in October they do a 24 hour movie marathon of horror movies and invite a ton of actors and directors. I didn't go last year, but I did go in 2008 and it was a blast! Great mixture of people and everyone gets really into the movies. People always clap during the opening credits when they see an actor they like and that kind of thing. It's definitely my favorite place to see movies!

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica! that is very cool........ours is just an independent theater that does those movie nights "on occasion"

I've wanted to make a vacation To New Bev ever since Phil and TNUC started posting the shows!

I'm jealous [Smile]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The New Bev has "Happy Birthday To Me" playing Saturday night 1/30!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
dude lets go you picking us up? [Smile]

Any special guests? I used to have their myspace page.......but I deleted mine.

SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long Dong duck...

love this film..pers fav..

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixteen Candles was just on Starz so I had to watch it. Still an excellent movie all these years later. Does anyone remember a 2 record or 2 tape set of the soundtrack what was out years ago. I remember seeing it in Sam Goody's when I was in high school but then I could only find the cassette with 4 or 5 songs on it.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God does this movie Suck!!!:
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite quotes, "She's totally serious, assswipe!". I try to work it into conversations all the time, but usually it never applies and then people look at me funny.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
God does this movie Suck!!!:
The colon implied you had something to add to that comment. Your posts are art.
quote:
One of my favorite quotes, "She's totally serious, assswipe!". I try to work it into conversations all the time, but usually it never applies and then people look at me funny.
"... ok, I'll just leave."
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watching "Sixteen Candles" in HD for the first time! The soundtrack is the best I've ever heard it.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home