iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » New York Film Locations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New York Film Locations
OTSONY
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8513

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OTSONY   Author's Homepage   Email OTSONY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I've read all the do's and don'ts when it comes to forums etc... and I'm not here to promote a business website, but as this forum is connected to films and also features their locations, I thought I'd mention the website that I've just finished building. Having spent 10 days in New York last year, I managed to track down quite a few film locations and have since launched a website purely dedicated to movies that have been filmed in Manhattan. I'm not making any money through the website, and to be totally honest, I've always been a massive movie fan. So, not wanting to break any rules by promoting the website in anyway I'm hoping that the administrators of this website will not remove this message and ban me for life when I mention the website name. I just want fans of film locations to visit the website and hopefully look through the pages and pages of film locations that I have managed to track down. So please check out www.onthesetofnewyork.com and let me know what you think.
Posts: 22 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Markr...I love tracking down filming locations of my fav 80's flicks..awesome site! When I make it to New York I will so be using your website to help me...
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked it out- your website is great! I looked at the locations for Serendipity, When Harry Met Sally, and The Secret to My Success. I will be visiting New york this year (finally, again, after almost 13 years!) and will definitely check out some of the scenes while I'm there, especially while strolling through Central Park and museum row.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Markr, your website is fantastic! Love the pics from "Desperately Seeking Susan" and "Scrooged."
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OTSONY
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8513

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OTSONY   Author's Homepage   Email OTSONY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your kind words about the website. There are plenty more locations being added on a weekly basis, so don't forget to drop by the website even so often. My main problem now is for the website to be picked up by the Search Engines so that more and more people can beneath from the research. If anyone has any ideas where I can promote the website, please let me know.
Posts: 22 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome site brah! Do you know where the basketball scene in Along Came Polly was shot? If that is NY that is.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
markr, send a PM to Nick. You can see his info at the top of the main Forum page listed under Moderators.

He'll probably be able to help with advice on how to get the search engines to pick you up.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OTSONY
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8513

Rate Member
Thanks for your comments.

As for "Along Came Polly" and the basketball scene. I suspect that it is in LA rather than New York. Having flicked through the movie last night, I see that they have used some library shots of the 101 Park Ave building as well as SoHo, but you don't actually see Ben Stiller or Jennifer Aniston walking through downtown New York. So, for now... until I can track down any more information I have only been able to add one location for this film. I'll let you know if I find anymore.

http://www.onthesetofnewyork.com/alongcamepolly.html

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, thanks man. You didn't have to go through that just for me! That's awesome. Again, love the site and I'm sure I'll be on there checking stuff out quite a bit.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home