iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hot to Trot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot to Trot
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently this is one of my decade Holy Grails that I haven't seen yet. I know the critics ripped it up, but what's everyone's analysis of it on here, so I know?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris...I waited hoping there might be someone that liked "Hot To Trot" better than me. It has its moments, but it was too much Mr. Ed-ish for me to fully appreciate. Virginia Madsen is Hot To Trot though.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like it. At all.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my grandmother taking me to see this one at the theater. I think it's the only movie she ever took me to, so it has a bit of a special meaning to me. As a little kid, I enjoyed the movie. It doesn't hold up so well now that I'm an adult. I wouldn't call it a horrible movie, but it's not going to make the top of any of my lists either.
Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Hot to Trot last night and while i don´t usually like comedies with animals
this was pretty decent stuff.

Bobcat Goldthwait and Dabney Coleman did a great job
and of course it was fun to hear John Candy as Don the talking horse.
I love Virginia Madsen but she´s a bit underused here.
Wikipedia says that Elliott Gould was the original voice of the horse
but after a poor test screening of the film, John Candy was hired and he improvised the dialogue.
This man was indeed a genius.

The movie was directed by Michael Dinner who also did Heaven Help Us (1985) and Danny Elfman composed the score.
Actually Tim Burton was offered to direct this one but he declined.

Not a classic by any means but it´s a must see for Goldthwait/Coleman/Candy fans.

Hot to Trot trailer

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good but not tops. i lost a bundle on indio oats.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this one quite a few times because they used to play it alot on HBO/Cinemax...and other movie channels back in the day. I thought it was okay at best back then. Like Valley said, it's very MR. ED-ish, but just nowhere near as funny. And I know if I were to watch it again today, I would like it even less. It's just one of those mundane forgetable screwball flicks to me. While I do think Bobcat Goldthwait was funny in the 80's. He's just a bit too over the top here for my liking.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge Bobcat fan and even bigger fan of John Candy. I converted my vhs of this flick to dvd a few years ago. I saw that it was released on dvd-r a couple of years ago but I don't feel like it's great enough to warrant a purchase when I already own it and only watch it once every 5 years or so anyway. The talking animal premise is not very funny any longer to me as an adult. But as a nostalgia piece I'm still able to enjoy it ever so often.
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home