iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Let it Ride (1989) A little spoiler alert.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let it Ride (1989) A little spoiler alert.
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I haven't seen this movie in about 5 years so I decied to pop it in.
I believe this was one of those under rated movies it had it all, it was fun quirky and a girl in a red dress..lol. I really liked this movie because Trotter (Richard dreyfuss) was just really luck that day he got the money, girl, and made new friends. and it was just one of those fun movies to watch with all the goofy characters I loved the bar scene watching all the characters talking about how the figure their bet for the next race...lol
Let it Ride (1989)

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let it Ride was a cool comedy that skewed a little more adult as I remember it. Definitely one of those not only underrated movies, but a true hidden gem. Not many (certainly not many outside these boards) will have or ever remember hearing about it much less have seen it.

I always liked Dreyfuss as the underdog/everyman in roles and he plays down on his luck beautifully in this one. Even though I haven't seen this one in decades, I do remember very vividly the point at which he realizes he can't lose. Kind of touching and makes you cheer quietly for him and leaves you quite satisfied.

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it, but if you guys say that it´s a good one i´m going to get it.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let it Ride is very good. Highly recommend.

Jennifer Tilly had a memorable role.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the great overlooked comedies of the 80's. Loved it for years.

"HEY TROTTER!"

"Nine piles of tiles... what does that mean?"

"I like Lord Byron."
"I love Lord Byron."

"Nobody move! I have complete peripheral vision!"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home