iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Slaughter High

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slaughter High
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The wicked story behind this less than stellar flick is what makes it so appealing to me.

The plot involves a geeky guy named Marty who's classmates continuously prank him until one day one of the pranks backfires in a harmful way. Years later...several of the prankster students are invited to a reunion....carnage ensues.

Behind the scenes is what makes this flick interesting. The original title of the movie was suppose to be "April Fool's Day" ...until the movie of the same name was released first. It was actually released on DVD in Japan with that name.

But what really makes this movie cult spooky is the fact that Simon Scuddamore who played the geeky Marty committed suicide before the film was ever released.

Creepy?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Valley....don't think I had the pleasure watching this one yet.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a hard one. I worked in a video store a hundred years ago and would literally watch everything during slow Sundays in the summer and Tuesday nights, etc. I know I saw this one (back then) and from what you described, some of it sounded familiar...but very vaguely my friend. I like always like the cover art though. Twisted and funny...right up my alley. [Big Grin]
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally snagged a VHS copy a few years ago after racking my brain about when I saw it on TV one night in the 80's. Wasn't a bad little 80's slasher flick that had it's moments.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Valley, I taped this off of Cinemax in high school. This movie wasn't that great at all. I remember the bad reunion party and the fact that it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattCarson80
Rewind Curious
Member # 8475

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MattCarson80   Email MattCarson80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Slaughter High, all the way down to the rehashed Friday the 13th score! :~)
Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was on the tele last night, I couldn't get past half an hour of it [Eek!]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen it, Valley, but it's one I need to see. I'll check Netflix.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really don't [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
petty.. since you are a horror fan .. I think you should at least try to watch it once.

"Slaughter High" is by no means great, but the real life circumstances surrounding it make it creepy.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha, who knew Slaughter High was # 6 in my Netflix que?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, Slaughter High isn't that bad ! (right?)
There have been horrors & slashers around the same period as this one, that are so much worse..
(does anyone remember the dreadful Fatal Pulse for example?)
This one at least has Caroline Munro in it !

Recently a special edition dvd came out in the UK with everything you always wanted to know
about Slaughter High (..or not) [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd watched this one when it was on Fearnet......same as Petty I couldn't make it through mins of it!

So i'm on Helen's side.......don't lol [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so alone on this thread.. [Frown]
Someone, please back me up..... anyone ? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m gonna get the dvd and be the judge and jury [Wink]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home