iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Just One of the Guys (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Just One of the Guys
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Most justified breast shot of any movie.

A classic flick without a doubt.
Do you remember the euro cover art Logan5? [Cool]

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie has always been awesome. Sheryl Fenn compared Terry's style in the movie to Ralph Macchio, but I always thought she was trying to play a fast talking Mike Damone type from Fast Times.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Look .. what a fox.. dresses like Elvis Costello .. looks like the Karate Kid.. I'm gonna get him!"

aTomiK, I remember when you first posted that cover with the soccer balls replacing the football helmets. Definitely, crafty marketing by someone at the time.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Lost Souls
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8863

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Two Lost Souls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
If it weren't for HBO, I don't know if I would have ever seen movies like "Heathers" and "Just One of the Guys." Those movies were on cable non-stop in the 90's! Comedy Central used to play "Just One of the Guys" pretty often as well.

I remember it was on TV all the time! I watched it every time it was on. I've only ever seen it on cable, so I need to rent it! lol
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do you remember the euro cover art Logan5? [Cool]
I do... but that isn't the UK cover. This is:

-

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, thanks logan5!
Never seen that version.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up on this one. Even with all the cheesy bad acting, I will always love it.
Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still love this flick! - thread reboot

-

"Just One of the Guys" has a stellar cast with Joyce Hyser, Deborah Goodrich, Clayton Rohner, Sherilyn Fenn, and William Zabka.

-

This movie offers tons of 80's nostalgia in my opinion.

I can't mention "Just One of the Guys" without commending Billy Jayne for one of the most hilarious and memorable performances ever as Buddy.

-

"Don't get me wrong. It's not like I've never had sex before; I've had lots of sex. It's just that now I'd like to try it with a partner."

-

And if you miss your 80's clothes, you can enjoy some classic 80's fashion throughout the movie. Those outrageous outfits that Deborah Goodrich wore were actually quite popular....I think??

But best of all is the awesome Ronnie Spector song "Tonight You're Mine Baby" that is played a couple times during the movie.

Tonight You're Mine Baby - Ronnie Spector

I totally enjoyed the setting for the prom on the beach. The theme was "Passion In Paradise"....check out that huge banner in the background at the cafeteria and then later at the beach above the Brock/Davis band.

Any new fans of this movie?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Speaking of the beach prom.. I always enjoyed the dance that Rick and Terry do at the prom.

Also, while I'm a fan of Terry and understand why Rick and her ended up together.. it would have been difficult for me personally to break-up with Deborah.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen this once Valley, about a year ago after some promting from the Rewind. I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind seeing it again. This movie, in addition to a handful of others, is a big reason why I love the Rewind so much. This is one of the classics I missed in the 80's and likely never would have seen it without the advice of my fellow Rewinders. I love love love experiencing 80's movies for the first time as an adult and get really excited when they stand the test of time.....Just One Of The Guys, Modern Girls, Real Genius, Night of the Comet....all movies I never would have seen...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The great thing about this movie... the really great thing, is just how much fun the cast seem to be having. At no point does the film take itself too seriously.

Valley, you've prompted me to watch it again. Cheers!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kev and logan5.. comments like those are what makes the time and effort so many of us put into this site all worth it.

Just like you .. I love reading posting by others that help me find a new hidden gem or help me rediscover a lost treasure.

skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie!! The prom scene was filmed down here in Arizona at a long closed water park named Big Surf.=)
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another great film with Zabka as the bully. You gotta love Zabka.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Are those what I think they are?"

"P^ssy toss"

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home