iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What 80s movie would you recomend to a teenager? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What 80s movie would you recomend to a teenager?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It JUST misses the mark of being good-good. Its one of those movies you sorta wish you could give it a push and MAKE it just cross the line into good Movie Territory.

Someone gets shredded to death by a mall escalator! I mean, come on! How can you not love that????

The more I think about it the more I feel like watching it now. Had it on VHS awhile back but if I saw the DVD (if it IS on DVD) I think Id pick it up if it was less than ten bucks!

There are a few things about it that make it cheesy, but really - its one of those movies like HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE or SINGLE WHITE FEMALE where an evil fill-in-the-blank (this time an aunt) comes to visit and only the main charactor seems to know they're bad even though everything is going bat- **** crazy. of course the father thinks the aunt is hot and therefore is struken oblivious to all the death and despair that has only just started to happened when hot Auntie showed up! LOL!

* I only saw THE RUTLES once and dont really remember any of their songs but I can do most of the stuff off SPINAL TAPS first album! Big Bottom, Big Bottom, Talk About Mud Flaps My Girls Got 'Em!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend "The Kiss" as well, but I'm a Meredith Salenger fan...so that might play a factor in why I enjoy this flick.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Someone gets shredded to death by a mall escalator! I mean, come on! How can you not love that????
Sold! I'll have to track it down.

quote:
* I only saw THE RUTLES once and dont really remember any of their songs but I can do most of the stuff off SPINAL TAPS first album! Big Bottom, Big Bottom, Talk About Mud Flaps My Girls Got 'Em!
$3 for Spinal Tap - take it or leave it.

On another note: I was just looking at a thread started by Atomik on the film 'Gwendoline', so I went to check out the IMDB boards for the film and what did I see? Only a thread started by a troublemaker called 'Mamamiasweetpeaches' asking about nudity in the film! I was shocked and appalled that you (or someone pretending to be you) would take such an unhealthy prurient interest in Mrs. Whitesnakes' wardrobe limitations! Remember, she didn't choose to do it. They were running out of money and they had to cut costs somewhere. Mimicking the exploits of Tawny Kitaen is no way to live your life.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally dont even remember writing that! Hahaha.
I DO have a male best friend who always had the hots for Tawny, so maybeI was thinking of buying the video for him as a gift?
Either way I never did see it or buy it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
UPDATE: Ah, yes. On double checking the IMDB boartd I wrote that when Tawny was on THE SURREAL LIFE picking on a PLAYBOY model , saying that even though she had been offered PLAYBOY numerous times she always turned it down because she didnt want to exploit herself in that way. Of course she never mentioned thats he was nude in GWENDOLINE and CRYSTAL HEART. (And also- halfway through the season of SURREAL LIFE she wasnt getting enough attention so she started doing stuff like stripping down and jumping in the pool naked and acting flirty with the other girls on the show, so -yeah).
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said... troublemaker. Hanging around on other forums and talking blue. [Roll Eyes]

I know your sort... I'll be watching you. [Mad] [Eek!] [Mad]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home