iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Just Before Dawn (1981)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Before Dawn (1981)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Five friends take a weekend excursion into the woods to relax and look over a piece of mountain land one of them has inherited. Warned by the local forest ranger not to make the trip, they are further spooked by an old man they meet who claims demons killed his hunting buddy and are now chasing him. The group dismisses the drunken man's ranting and set up camp on the mountainside for the night unaware that they are being shadowed by someone???

-

This movie is seldom mentioned, but it is a decent underrated eerie slasher flick. Maybe it is the creepy atmosphere and cinematography that I admire.

Any fans?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a decent '80s slasher. I think that was the first thing I ever saw Greg Henry in too.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it recently, and I liked it. A few cool kills (arm in throat), good cinematography and music score.
Hixploitation is a fun subgenre.

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Just Before Dawn and i also liked it.

It´s a good backwoods thriller with a nice cast and beautiful Silver Falls State Park, Oregon locations.
Writer/director Jeff Lieberman has even created some character development, i especially like what happens to Constance, the part Deborah Benson plays very well.
I was surprised to see Falcon Crest star Jamie Rose nude in her first feature film.

Brad Fiedel´s score is moody and quite stripped down if you compare it to his other 80s works but it fits perfectly.
The 2-discs SE includes great documentary which includes both Lieberman and Fiedel among others.

Good stuff!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such a fun flick with one of the best kills ever!!
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not seen this in many years but I do remember liking it and that it had quite a creepy vibe to it!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Lieberman didn't direct too many movies, but I think I pretty much like them all: Squirm, Blue Sunshine (my favorite of his), Remote Control, and this one.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home