iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Big Trouble In Little China

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Trouble In Little China
Eg Shen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8285

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eg Shen   Author's Homepage   Email Eg Shen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The greatest of all 80's movies and starring me! Discuss good people, discuss!!
Posts: 13 | From: Chinatown | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Defo up there with the best from the 80's, there was someone on he before called Jack Burton. Does anyone know whats happened to him ????

Eg Shen whats your favourite part of the film ???

Oh and Kim Catrall was damn HOT wern't she

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie ! Watched it as a kid and still watch it today. One of those timeless flicks that never gets old ! Eg Shen, you played a bada** part bro.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing this in the theatre the first weekend it came out. Our small, three screen theatre. Big Trouble in Little China was playing in the far left theatre. I was drawn in by the fact that I had become a devotee to John Carpenter by that time and the poster as well (still one of the best!).

I was literally the only one there during my showing and I just loved it. I walked out and it felt like my very own secret that nobody else knew about. I was glad they gave it a steriods and all special edition dvd. I also own two...count 'em two...Porkchop Express t-shirts. Brilliant movie...Just brilliant...

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Eg,
Check out this ultimate BTILC thread:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008662;p=1

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eg Shen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8285

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eg Shen   Author's Homepage   Email Eg Shen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah so.. Jack Burton and I are great friends. It still saddens me that he was forced off this site. Ah well, not really my problem but he is a great friend.
My favourite part of this epic? That would be when I gave my magic potion to Jack and Wang and the boys right before we kicked Lo Pans butt...

Posts: 13 | From: Chinatown | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, Jack was NOT forced off this site. If you are such great friends, I'm sure that you don't need me to tell you why Jack left.

Everyone here is welcome, as long as they stay within the board rules.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have the computer game of this.

Did anybody else formerly have this or still have it or otherwise remember it? And if so, then what are your recollections of it?

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good movie, never gets old.

"Its all in the reflexes..."

Where did Mr. Jack Burton go anyway? [Confused] he was a funny guy.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eg Shen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8285

Rate Member
Long story and Jack is my compadre but I really can't go into it. Old news.

Anyways, I bought this for my brother the weekend, he loved it!! Great movies never age!!!!

JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just won a very rare sealed Jack Burton action figure on ebay over the weekend. It was a little bit pricey but well worth it.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eg Shen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8285

Rate Member
Would love a look see!!!
SisterChristian
Rewind Curious
Member # 8343

4 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SisterChristian   Email SisterChristian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this movie as a kid. Still do. Classic.
Posts: 4 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got my figure in the mail yesterday and it's a great likeness.
Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gracie Law: "I'd go with you but..."
Jack Burton: "Yeah, I know, there's something wrong with your face."

So stupid but I can't help it, kills me everytime [Big Grin]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched this movie yet again last night. Your right, it never gets old. Its just so cheesy aswell. One of my favourites of all time. Kurt Russel starred in a QT movie not long ago called 'Death Proof'. Its a real good movie...a lil strange but good.
love the opening credits in this movie.
'Great, a six demon bag...whats in it Eg'?
'Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first huh'!

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simoneer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8941

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Simoneer   Author's Homepage   Email Simoneer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.
Posts: 56 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home