iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone Know this title??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Know this title??
Bdude129
Rewind Curious
Member # 8295

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bdude129   Email Bdude129       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about a couple kids trying to figure out what's at the bottom of a strip mine that's been filled in with water. The middle of the "lake" bubbles and they get scared and run away. In the end, I think one of the kids faces his fear and stays around to see what it is. That's about all I have for the plot. Some other info I can remember... The beginning has a kid riding along a homemade rail car and that's how he gets to school. He's the class dork and gets beat up/made fun of. There's also a fish tank with an old school diving outfit at the bottom (The full metal suit type with a round, swing open front and has an oxygen line that goes up to the boat.) that makes bubbles and that's how they get the idea there might not be a monster at the bottom of the "lake" but something creating the bubbles they see at the surface.

And there's a crane - The machine, not the animal.

Appreciate ANY help!
Thanks everyone!

Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey welcome to rewind, i think the Film your after is Frog Dreaming (1986) aka The Quest.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

They have the film on youtube if you want to watch it. [Smile]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bdude129
Rewind Curious
Member # 8295

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bdude129   Email Bdude129       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hewzy Thank you! That's it!!

My brother and I have been tryin to figure this out for weeks/months.

Thanks man!

Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worrys, glad I could help [Smile]
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home