iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » NEW ON DVD: The Gate (1987)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW ON DVD: The Gate (1987)
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

10/6/09
New on DVD!

THE GATE (Monstrous Special Edition): Lionsgate

After an old and rotting tree is removed, three young children accidentally release a horde of nasty, pint-sized demons from the hole in a suburban backyard. What follows is a classic battle between good and evil as the three kids struggle to overcome a nightmarish hell that is literally taking over the Earth.

This long awaited special edition dvd release will include a commentary track with director Tibor Takacs, interviews with the cast and crew, a stills gallery, and the original trailer. THE GATE has a well deserved reputation for being one of the most creepy horror flicks to have a pg-13 rating, and this dvd will make a nice addition to your Halloween viewing schedule.

I won't post the "new" dvd artwork, because like all the others, it's just sad compared to the original. But having THE GATE on DVD is killer!

trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX6-Rw5PWc

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montmars
Rewind Curious
Member # 8330

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for montmars   Email montmars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny thing, I had it on my list to buy, then it passed on TV a few weeks ago and I watched it.

Weirder yet, saw it for the 1st time at Wallmart for 13$ , decided not to buy it. Was cool when I was 10. Good movie, bad acting.

Posts: 9 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanison
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Askanison   Email Askanison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh this brings back memories. i remember watching this with my brother and friends when when it first came out, we rented it because we thought it was going to be scary but only good thing about it was the special effects. I remember the part that made us all laugh was when terry falls down the hole and all these little demon minions try to attack him, he steps on one of them and the minion squirms and shakes his arms and legs what made us laugh was when he steps off it the minion carries on squirming as if the foot was still squashing him lol.
i watched this last night still a good movie now as when it came out.

Posts: 23 | From: England, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bods
Rewind Curious
Member # 8396

6 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bods   Email Bods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the original dvd that was released, I didn't even watch it the picture and sound was so poor so it's nice to hear there is now a good one available
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 6  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home