iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Do any of you actually like Back to the Future III?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do any of you actually like Back to the Future III?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking about this movie the other night with the guy I'm seeing because we were watching Back to the Future Part II and I realized I've never seen Part III!! I own the box set of DVD's and I don't know, I can't bring myself to do it...I think it's the whole western theme...Do any of you Rewinders actually like it? Should I watch it?!?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s definitely worst of the series,
but it has it´s moments.
I just can´t believe that you´ve never seen it!
Watch it - today!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find its watchable but, It makes you realise just how good the first 2 are.
You should give it a go though.

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell Yes, OK its not the best but I do enjoy it, If you have the box set then, you really do owe it to yourself to sit down and watch all 3 together.
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is that possible, weren't you curious to see how it all ends?

BTTF II is my personal favourite but I rememeber going to see Part III the afternoon it was released just to see how they wrapped things up; its not great but essential viewing nonetheless.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's automatically everybody's least favorite BTTF. The whole western theme is a bit trite, but ZZTop as the western band deserves a chuckle.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Cindy... Oddly it's my wife's favorite, well, possibly second favorite but it definitely flows better than the second one which I feel is all over the place and a bit long.

And you haven't seen this... tisk tisk.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there's some kind of fine for things like this. I'm sure Devo or one of the other mods will take you aside and let you off with a stern warning.

It's definitely the 'silliest' of the trilogy, lacking the darkness and complexity of II or the originality of I. It's also a little too self-referential to the other films in the trilogy for my liking. Having said that, it's still a BTTF movie and better than 90% of movies out there.

BTTF I was Marty's film. BTTF II was Biff's film. BTTF III is Doc Brown's film.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, it is the weakest of the 3 films for me.

That being said, it isn't a horrible movie, just not a great one. It isn't something I would be really excited to sit down and watch (I far prefer the first 2 of course) but once you are watching it, it is kind of fun and you just get in to it.

Plus, it is the end of the trilogy, you have to see how it all ends at least once [Big Grin]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care for Part III at all. I'm not even that crazy about Part II. Needless to say, I was quite happy when they finally released them all individually on DVD.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty much my consensus as well, reasonable enough to finish everything out, with a few inspired moments ("Is this a holdup?" "It's a science experiment.").
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I was talking about this movie the other night with the guy I'm seeing because we were watching Back to the Future Part II and I realized I've never seen Part III!! I own the box set of DVD's and I don't know, I can't bring myself to do it...I think it's the whole western theme...Do any of you Rewinders actually like it? Should I watch it?!?

cindy, i am in the same boat as you. i also own the trilogy and have never sat down to watch part III. i have seen pieces because my daughter watches it, but just have never been interested in seeing it. it never looked good at all. and according to others i know that have seen it, they vouch for it being the worst of the series. if i had felt it was worth it, i would have seen a long time ago. but give it a shot i guess haha. i don't think it will change how i feel about the first and second one...which were AWESOME, as you know.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually preferred part 3 to part 2. I think the whole futuristic feel of part 2 was too cliched but liked the western feel of part 3.

Noms Eastwood [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
I believe there's some kind of fine for things like this. I'm sure Devo or one of the other mods will take you aside and let you off with a stern warning.

There's simply too much of this kind of slap-dash 'selective 80s love' going on around here. Honestly, the number of members who've not seen even the basic pre-requisites astounds me sometimes.

OK - the definitive list, if you want to be a true rewinder:

1. Battle Beyond The Stars
2. The Fog
3. Can't Buy Me Love (with the original Finland dialog track)
4. Pretty In Purple (the less successful prequel, where Duckie gets an advertising job and needs to dress as a big plum all day)
5. The Last-But-One Starfighter (spoiler: he doesn't make it...)
6. Valley Girl (because you get yelled at round here if you've NOT seen it....)
7. The Muppets Take Milwaukee (but there was no point, so they moved on to New York)
8. BTTF 3 (with all the extra features, additional deleted scenes, including Marty's failed attempt to recreate the "Under The Sea" dance in a barn in 1880's California)
9. The Money Pot (Tom Hanks and Shelley Long buy a house int he country and it doesn't fall down...)
10. Fame. Just to demonstrate that precocious kids believing they can sing and dance (when they really can't, they are just work-shy) isn't just a 21st century idea.

There's the list. If you miss just one, your right to use Instant Graemlins in your posts may be revoked., by order of The Management......

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, i´m in deep s**t!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Actually i have them all but the Muppets and Battle Beyond
and i´m not going to buy the Muppets even if it was the last-but-one movie on earth [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I let slip that I hadn't (at the time [Wink] [Razz] ) seen Some Kind Of Wonderful. I was ordered to buy or be gone  -

I think the 3rd is alright.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fathere lOVED the third one and so he recommended it watch it with him when theyr eran it on TV. It was OKAY...but, yeah. I wasnt feelin the love like he was.

I hate the second one and have never sat through the whole thing.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that I enjoy part 3 more than part 2. I used to enjoy part 2 the most because of the several time periods they were in but as I got older part 2 seemd to get more and more corny. I started to realize I enjoyed part 3 more and that is where I stand today. I'm a huge fan of these movies and as a kid watched them so many times I bet the VHS tapes wouldn't even work anymore. I cried my eyes out when I saw part 3 for the first time and realized there wouldn't be anymore sequels. I was hoping they would make 10 of them! Darn Clara Clayton screwed it all up.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
cindy, i am in the same boat as you. i also own the trilogy and have never sat down to watch part III.
Ronsterrrr… Ronerinoooo… if you love the first two then you probably should watch the third one. It really isn’t a bad film at all. Look at it this way; ‘Return of the Jedi’ was the weakest of the original Star Wars trilogy, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth watching.

C’mon, ya gots ta see it. You know it makes sense!

quote:
I remember when I let slip that I hadn't (at the time ) seen Some Kind Of Wonderful. I was ordered to buy or be gone
Hell yeah! Those were the outlaw days! Sitting back in our rocking chairs with shotguns in our laps, smilin’ a toothless grin, lookin’ at strangers with our one good eye and sayin’, “Never seen ‘Some Kinda Wonderful’? We don’t wants your kind around here…”

quote:
I have to say that I enjoy part 3 more than part 2. I used to enjoy part 2 the most because of the several time periods they were in but as I got older part 2 seemd to get more and more corny. I started to realize I enjoyed part 3 more and that is where I stand today. I'm a huge fan of these movies and as a kid watched them so many times I bet the VHS tapes wouldn't even work anymore. I cried my eyes out when I saw part 3 for the first time and realized there wouldn't be anymore sequels. I was hoping they would make 10 of them! Darn Clara Clayton screwed it all up.
I think the future stuff in II aged badly (and quickly). But all the alternate reality stuff and the 50’s stuff really works. Plus… Thomas F. Wilson has a blast and really steals the show!

quote:
OK - the definitive list, if you want to be a true rewinder:

1. Battle Beyond The Stars

‘Space Raiders’ good enough?

quote:
3. Can't Buy Me Love (with the original Finland dialog track)
Er… yeah… I have that one… two copies in fact.

quote:
4. Pretty In Purple (the less successful prequel, where Duckie gets an advertising job and needs to dress as a big plum all day)
Wasn’t that subtitled ‘The Duck’s Big Plums’?

quote:
5. The Last-But-One Starfighter (spoiler: he doesn't make it...)
Dammit!

quote:
6. Valley Girl (because you get yelled at round here if you've NOT seen it....)
Bah, I can still recall when nobody had even HEARD of it. I still yell at people whether or not they’ve seen it. I yell a lot actually… maybe too much…

quote:
7. The Muppets Take Milwaukee (but there was no point, so they moved on to New York)
Kermit with a mullet? Piggy naked? (SHOCK: Kermit looked good with a mullet – Piggy did not look good naked. What a letdown that was!)

quote:
8. BTTF 3 (with all the extra features, additional deleted scenes, including Marty's failed attempt to recreate the "Under The Sea" dance in a barn in 1880's California)
Yeah… actually under the sea! How many people had to lose their lives for that scene? Imagine how they’d feel if they knew it was gonna be cut!

quote:
9. The Money Pot (Tom Hanks and Shelley Long buy a house int he country and it doesn't fall down...)
But they do save for a holiday by putting money into a pot which breaks. A good movie… if a little dull.

quote:
10. Fame. Just to demonstrate that precocious kids believing they can sing and dance (when they really can't, they are just work-shy) isn't just a 21st century idea.
I’ll never watch ‘Fame’ the same way. So true. It all seemed so valiant and noble then, but now the mask has gone… a bunch of show off’s and wannabe’s all trying to be famous. Bruno… say it isn’t so.

Still; at least the remake's out soon. I'm sure the film will be much better with people who grew up in the multimedia age and know exactly how to pout, and with some nice modern music to improve on the mediocrity of the instantly forgettable original soundtrack.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must watch part 3 now!!!

- Look for ZZ Top (funny!)
- Look for the frizby pan scene

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home