iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Elizabeth Daily

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elizabeth Daily
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

esmagnus just talked about Elizabeth Daily on another topic,
so i thought that she needs one of her own.

I love Elizabeth "E.G." Daily!
She´s awesome and sexy actor/singer.

-

I collect her 80s movies and have 10 so far:

Loverboy (1989)
Pee Wee´s Big Adventure (1985)
Fandango (1985)
No Small Affair (1984)
Streets of Fire (1984)
Valley Girl (1983)
One Dark Night (1983)
Wacko (1982)
The Escape Artist (1982)
Funny Money (1982)

So i´m not missing much.

I also have all the 80s movies where she´s on the soundtrack:

Summer School (1987)
Better off Dead (1985)
Thief of Hearts (1984)
Scarface (1983)

Here´s the great "Mind Over Matter" video from the Summer School soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwdipJqHrIs

The 1985 Wild Child album is on my wanted list

-

[ 27. February 2012, 10:16: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was also in Dutch with Ed O'Neil but that was 1991.
Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was also in an old 80's cult Horror film called "Bad Dreams." It's pretty much blatant knock-off of A Nightmare on Elm street 3..and it also happens to star Jennifer Ruben who was also cast in Nightmare 3. So if you've seen and enjoy Nightmare on Elm Street 3, you might want to steer clear of this movie. But the funny thing is, Daily's performance in Bad Dreams happens to be among my favorites of hers.

here's a clip from the film that sadly results in the death of E.G's character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27qmAGmjW_U

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyromantic:
She was also in an old 80's cult Horror film called "Bad Dreams." It's pretty much blatant knock-off of A Nightmare on Elm street 3..and it also happens to star Jennifer Ruben who was also cast in Nightmare 3. So if you've seen and enjoy Nightmare on Elm Street 3, you might want to steer clear of this movie. But the funny thing is, Daily's performance in Bad Dreams happens to be among my favorites of hers.

here's a clip from the film that sadly results in the death of E.G's character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27qmAGmjW_U

I own Bad Dreams on dvd and think it is decent....it is a ripoff though. Here's a thread on that movie:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008672#000000

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad Dreams story

I was 11 and they had dollar movie night at the theater. I think I am grown up and decide I want to sit away from my brother and mom. The film opens up with the creepy cult scene with gasoline. I am so scared, I get up and look for my family....and end up yelling out MOM....just to find them. I think it's a good film....disappointed in the ending though.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Streets of Fire this morning albiet with partial attention...what was her role in the movie? Where was she?

You are right though, she is cool and she popped up in some of the coolest movies...Pee Wee's...awesome.

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earl Keese:
I just watched Streets of Fire this morning albiet with partial attention...what was her role in the movie? Where was she?

You are right though, she is cool and she popped up in some of the coolest movies...Pee Wee's...awesome.

She played Baby Doll in Streets of Fire.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was on Howard Stern fairly recently talking about how she was almost married to John Erik Hexum plus the other men she has dated. She also talked about the voice acting she does in a lot of cartoons. Great interview and she seemed very down to earth.

I'm pretty sure I still have the Wild Child cassette somewhere in my attic. If I can find it i'll send it to you for your collection. I know I have the Better Off Dead and Summer School LPs. My favorite role of hers will always be in Valley Girl.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was featured in interviews on the Valley Girl: Special Edition DVD and seemed really cool. I think she went a bit overboard with the plastic surgery, though. I hope she doesn't end up looking like Joan Rivers in another 10 years.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool thread...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rancid
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4108

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rancid   Email Rancid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she is also on the soundtrack for "The Breakfast Club" a song titled "Waiting"
Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2eighties4me
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3060

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 2eighties4me   Email 2eighties4me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an ongoing crush on E.G. that just won't quit. She was one of my favorites from first time I saw her. Valley Girl, Fandango, Better Off Dead (one of the best school dance band performances on film), the list goes on. She's just an awesome little pocket rocket that you want to cuddle on your lap. And an amazing voice on top of that.
Posts: 19 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adore E.G. Daily. She was in a bunch of excellent 80s movies and her music rocks! Luckily, I finally found a copy of the her debut cd "Wild Child" on ebay. It is rare, so hopefully it doesnt go too high in price!

-

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-G-Daily-Wild-Child-CD-1985-eg-rare-80s-synthpop_W0QQitemZ170424940437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item27ae1e3795

I'm gonna be so stoked if I get that! [Smile]

[ 01. January 2010, 21:01: Message edited by: Secret Admirer ]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey man, i would kill for that one [Wink]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Hey man, i would kill for that one [Wink]

I know! I'm starting to worry though because there are no bids yet. That means I'll either get it for a low price or there's more people like me who are waiting until the last minute to bid. It makes it more stressful! I think I can really only afford to go about $45-$50 for this, which is already crazy for a cd, but I've seen this go for much more than $50 so we'll see. At least I know that if I get outbid, it probably went to a real fan.

I don't mean to derail the topic, sorry! [Smile]

I'll get back on track.

Loverboy is one of my all-time favorite movies and E.G. Daily is absolutely adorable in it. She doesn't have a big role, she plays Linda the secretary, but it is great nonetheless. I love the scene when her boss (Randy's Dad) comes back to the office-trailer drunk and passes out on the pull out couch. She is already staying there because her apartment was getting painted. She pretty much just freaks out and makes a bunch of squeaky noises. You can watch the clip on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKnJaFlnN94 (starts about 1:00 in). Pretty funny stuff!

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you didn't win this EG Daily CD you can download it for FREE right here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/262604775/E.G._Daily_-_Wild_Child_by_Frankman.zip

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home