iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » cartoon memories (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: cartoon memories
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dogtanian and the three Muskerhounds. Alexander Dumas classic story...with mutts.

[ 13. June 2009, 19:05: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Around The World With Willy Fog was another classic.

Willy Fog Intro

Was this ever shown in North America? What about Dogtanian and The Three Muskehounds, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Ulysses31?

These cartoons were huge all over Europe.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I had never heard of Dogtanian, but I bought the complete series for my wife, a Brazilian Beauty, because she remembered watching it in her youth. I also bought her ISIS, which I also never heard of (born in 76), but that's a different post!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Dogtanian.

Intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xO72s5EBY [Big Grin]

And Count Duckula http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdgRSJPqXI [Big Grin]

And Vicky The Viking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTLQz-O5x2g [Big Grin]

[ 17. June 2009, 10:39: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Added to my collection:

-

-

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. All these toons had excellent theme tunes, especially Defenders Of The Earth, its something when you can remember the lyrics to Dogtanian and not some song you just heard five minutes ago.

bought the Ulysses 31 box set a few months ago, haven't had a chance to watch all the episodes yet, but another classic cartoon. I was pleasntly surprised to rediscover Ulysses and remember that the stories were well written and studio's didn't hold their audience in contempt.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww and how could I forget The Raggy Dolls [Big Grin] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI9rXx88YsA
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Spider Man and Thunder Cats...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dvscheshire
Rewinder
Member # 8017

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dvscheshire   Author's Homepage   Email dvscheshire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i have to add these even though they weren't cartoons

1. New Zoo Review
2. The Banana Splits
3. HR Puffnstuff

Posts: 41 | From: CA | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Does anybody remember "The Raccoons"

Just came across the intro on youtube. A total blast from the past.

The Raccoons

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another one hitherto undiscussed: Maxie's World ("Good times are happening in Maxie's world.") Does anybody recollect that one?
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
Aww and how could I forget The Raggy Dolls [Big Grin] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI9rXx88YsA

Yeah, only used to watch it because it preceeded Spatz. I always thought Sad Sack was the Milton Waddams of the group, and that one day he would just snap.

Remember Telebugs?

Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
Spiderman & Thundercats still hold up, great comics & cartoons.

The Racoons was an interesting one, remember the anti-smoking episode?

Sure, I remember Maxie's World, but lets just keep that to ourselves, OK? For it was, after all, one for the laides.

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is another one that I have uncovered: Police Academy. This was quite brief. Did anybody see this too and if so, then what were your thoughts concerning it?

[ 03. July 2009, 14:06: Message edited by: LoverswithCassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasonable enough. In fact, I saw this before I saw any of the films. While nothing that overtly stands out, it is fairly well done and captures the essence of the characters.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
I remember the Police Academy cartoon, never really bothered to watch it though. It looked pretty poor in comparison with the films. [Wink]

Anybody remember Ox Tales? I can remember watching it during the summer holidays.

Ox Tales -- Opening Sequence

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thundercats
Voltron
Silverhawks
Heathcliff
Inspector Gadget
Jem
The Centurions
Madballs
Tigersharks
Visionaries
Inhumanoids
Q*bert
Pac-Man
Super Mario Bros.
He-man
She-ra
The Get-Along Gang
Darkwing Duck
Chip N' Dales Rescue Rangers
Duck Tales
Dragon's Lair
The Real Ghostbusters
The Legend of Zelda
C.O.P.S
M.A.S.K
Robotech
Gundam Wing
Dinosaucers
Sectaurs
Denver the Last Dinosaur
Casper
Scooby-Doo
Looney Tunes

..there's probably more, but those are most of the ones I watched regularly

[ 08. July 2009, 23:48: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
There is another one that you can add to the list incidently: Babar.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home