iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Purple Rain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Purple Rain
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to love this movie. I haven't watched it in years.

I remember the day after we went to the Prom...my high school boyfriend, his brother and my cousin (we all went together) we went to my Uncle's House , because he had videotaped us at the Prom, we watched the video (which I would love to have a copy of)...we watched Purple Rain afterwards on his big screen TV.

It was so awesome. I loved the soundtrack.

My favorite songs were "Take Me with U", and "I would Die 4 U".

I think it would be cool to get on Blu-Ray. Does anyone know if it is out?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea on the blue ray, but we do need another release with the extra scenes that were eventually left out!

I concour, its a terrific fun 80's musical. I love the album, but my stand out tracks are I would Die 4 u (when prince played this on solo piano, the entire areana went crazy). The beautiful ones and When Doves Cry.

The beautiful ones replaced a great song he left out, Electric Intercourse, amazing melody.

Morris Day stole the film for me, him and Jerome Bentley had wonderful chemistry.

Hey Isis,you are lucky to experience your teenage yrs in the early part of the 80's.

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump this thread!!
Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favs...watch it once a year...love the soundtrack...I'd definitely buy this on Blue Ray...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love this movie too.I saw it in the theater with my friend Juliet and we stayed and watched it a second time, we loved it so much.
My sister had tickets to go see PRINCE (Opening Act SHEILA E) and her boyfriend couldnt make it so I ended up going in his place! I remember the tickets said "Wear Something Purple" so of course I had on this little Valley Girl outfit: purple and white striped top and purple mini-skirt.
I used to OWN a copy of the movie on VHS but I have watched it so many damn times that now I have a hard time watching it! My husband always asks me if I recommend it (he's never seen it) and all I can say is "ONLY if you like PRINCE". I really dont think the movie has much to offer for people who dont like PRINCE's music.
PURPLE RAIN and 1999 are my favorite PRINCE albums, I really dont like his newer stuff.
My favorite songs from the movie were When Doves Cry and The Beautiful Ones.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
nice story mamamia, lucky girl to experience the Revolution live!!
Didn't morris day and the time perform?

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, dammit!
I love MORRIS DAY

I remember he played a show around here and I found out about it the next day! D'oh! Totally missed it!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home