iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Can you ID this movie??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you ID this movie??
wills5
Rewind Curious
Member # 7853

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wills5   Author's Homepage   Email wills5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance you can identify this movie? It was released around 1980, featuring three teen-aged boys who go to a beach house for the summer with one of the boys' older sisters (I thought she was Jodie Foster, but it is not in her filmography). I remember:
--she drove a convertible and smoked.
--the movie is set in the 50s or early 60s.
--one of the boys has an affair with an older woman living in a nearby house on the beach.
Ok, that's all I remember. Any luck? If so, please tell me! Thank you.

Posts: 5 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be Stealing Home with Jodie Foster and Mark Harmon? sounds alot like it
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills5
Rewind Curious
Member # 7853

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wills5   Author's Homepage   Email wills5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Could be Stealing Home with Jodie Foster and Mark Harmon? sounds alot like it

Hmm; I don't think so, although I'm not familiar with "Stealing Home." I read the synopses of it on several web sites, and I don't remember anything about her dying, or about him playing professional baseball. I'll try to read more about it, but so far it doesn't look like it (although it is Jodie Foster!). Thanks for trying! [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Summer of '42 (1971)
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills5
Rewind Curious
Member # 7853

Rate Member
Sorry but I have seen "Summer of '42" - it is not the movie I am thinking of, but it does sort of have that genre/feeling to it at times.

Also, the older woman is around her mid 40s, maybe older than that, whereas the woman in "Summer" is much younger, in her 20s.

Still looking for it!
Suggestions accepted by one and all! [Smile]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal opinion is that you should rent Muffy's suggestion of "Stealing Home" because it sounds like it has elements of the movie you are searching for. I've only seen it once and don't remember much, but the convertible and smoking sounds way familiar.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills5
Rewind Curious
Member # 7853

Rate Member
Sounds good; I will look for it and try to rent it, then respond here. Thank you for your help. [Cool]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
go to YouTube, they have the trailer.

Red convertible with Jodie Foster driving it while smoking.

wills5
Rewind Curious
Member # 7853

Rate Member
Just saw the trailer. Yes, I'm sure that's it!! Thank you; you're great!

Cool! Muffy & Valley got it!

Y'all have a great day, and don't watch TOO MANY movies this weekend... hmm; is that even possible?!? [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home