iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Mark your calendar for the annual "April Fool's Day" movie night! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mark your calendar for the annual "April Fool's Day" movie night!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I was planning on starting a new thread, but found this awesome one from last year. So with the help of pics first posted by WolfmansGotNards and 80'sRocked.. thanks guys .. I decided to expanded upon an already excellent thread.

This year marks the 7th Annual "April Fool's Day" Movie Night for The Rewind! So dust off your DVD or start your quest to find it before April 1st.. and watch it with several of us.

"April Fool's Day" still rocks in my opinion!

-

I love how the movie opens with the home video camera recording to introduce you to each of the characters in the movie. The more times you watch "April Fool's Day" the more you appreciate the fact that Deborah Foreman did such an outstanding job as Muffy/Buffy in this movie. Her role wasn't glamorous and it was definitely a bit spooky, but she nailed what the director was looking for in it.

-

Amy Steel and Ken Olandt seemed to have great chemistry together. Deborah Goodrich as Naughty Nikki was awesomely teamed up again with Clayton Rohner as Chaz. Even Griffin O'Neal, who only one year later had to deal with the tragedy of accidently killing a friend, was excellent in his role as Skip. Spooky foreshadowing indeed.

Finally, the theatrical poster with the infamous hair noose with a knife hidden behind her:

-

Who else is planning on watching "April Fool's Day" on the night of April 1st?

[ 21. March 2010, 14:29: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definitely be watching it!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me three [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I'm in!
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a Thursday! i'm in, especially since I haven't participated the last few times....and haven't watched it in awhile! [Smile] im innnn!!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it and will definitely be watching, but you all will get a good laugh out of this...it never occured to me to watch this movie on April 1st! Seriously! I never really made the connection. To quote Randy Jackson..."Say What?! C'mon now!"

I always watch The Quiet Man on St. Patrick's Day, Planes Trains and Automobiles the day before Thanksgiving, Halloween on well, you get the picture and I always watched April Fools Day in October as part of some wayward month long devotion to horror flicks and never once thought to move this one out to 4/1...wow...I'm a such a half-wit I can actually feel it! [Razz]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always heard of this, but have never seen it. It's actually one of my wife's favorites, and I know we had a copy on VHS, but I'm not sure if I have the DVD. I keep my horror movies in a seperate collection, so will check tonight...will definitely try to locate a copy and finally watch it.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earl Keese:
I have it and will definitely be watching, but you all will get a good laugh out of this...it never occured to me to watch this movie on April 1st! Seriously! I never really made the connection. To quote Randy Jackson..."Say What?! C'mon now!"

-
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm planning on watching it the night of April 1st around 9:30pm EST. If you ride on a ferryboat tomorrow.. please be safe!!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching tonight too....my wife is going out with the girls, so as soon as my little dude is down for bed....some decent treats and April Fools Day...my first viewing too!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U-guys are lame man. I'm watchin' 'West Side Story' tonight.

"There's a place for us... somewhere... a place for us. Time together with time to spare"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone see if this is on TV today?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be watching it around the same time as you, Valley. Gordon, I don't think this ever comes on TV much anymore....
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still in! I figure about 7:30pm west coast time [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I always forget to mention this.. but the dolls they find in the attic are incredibly creepy and a great addition to the story.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hope everyone that is watching "April Fool's Day" tonight is having a blast!

-

Oh and if you couldn't watch it tonight.. there's always tomorrow.. April Fool's Weekend..

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting into bed and starting it right now [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watch "April Fool's Day" in HD on Showtime Extreme.. picture quality is amazing!
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched this for the first time not too long ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit but was probably one of the few people that didn't catch on until the very end despite the title LOL.
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Tiffany it had me fooled too........I watched it because someone on here suggested it many years ago........I think you get so wrapped up in how good the scares are and that it's a horror flick you never expect the ending...haha
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I just kept watching and thinking how much bad luck they were all having LOL Then at the very end I was like "oh, now I get it"
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get the twist then and I don't get it now. Who was the murderer? WHO WAS THE MURDERER?!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched April Fool´s Day yesterday.
While not one of my top movies, it´s a fun flick.

-

Love the cast:

Goodrich is hot (love the positions when she´s doing "it" with Rohner [Wink] )
Foreman is funny and weird as always, Rohner is also funny wearing those cool trousers.
Amy Steel and Ken Olandt is a great couple.

The location is perfect and i also love the house.

Special Edition dvd would be nice. I would love to hear a commentary by director Walton and writer Bach.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow..maybe if I'd seen this earlier..lol
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Very nice aTomiK.. I watched "April Fool's Day" with some cool friends last night. However, I kept getting reminded that I was craving a Pizza Hut thin crust cheese pizza throughout the movie for some odd reason .. ha

Love the beginning with the camcorder. Also, Muffy sets everything up for you.. but we have no clue on a first viewing.

The wicked monster-in-the-box would have freaked me out as a kid.  Great expressions by Foreman playing with it.. especially at the end of the movie.

Veronica expressed interest in attending Muffy's play.. "Ghosts"

Ronnie wants to know if the fact Larry (Rob) overslept in Summer School made him late for the ferry?

Deborah Goodrich as Naughty Nikki.. very tantalizing

Kit and Rob makes a great couple!  They had excellent chemistry..

Nikki is totally me .. taking any op to catch some rays!

oh and I found out where our own Muffy Tepperman got her name:

"Muffin?".. "Muff-child, Moffo, the Muffster,  Muff 'n' Stuff" .. "Muff Dive!!!!" [Big Grin]

Clayton Rohner as Chaz was hilarious.  He was in some great flicks .. Just One of the Guys & Modern Girls especially. His hair in this movie was definitely a precursor for Bruno X.

The score / haunting sounds were brilliantly used! Well, until Logan went all X-Files with it.

-

Amy Steel was great in Friday The 13th part 2.. my fav of the series. Obviously not the case for pyro.

Also, some great discussion about Griffin O'Neal and his family because of the recent threads on "The Wraith".

How many of you girls have done that magazine test?  ha.. what was C? - Uh.. Ronnie choose 'F' on that one.. wait.. I misunderstood.. she actually gave me an 'F' for bringing it up.

-

Did Deborah Foreman just lick her lips while looking at me during dinner? - that would be a 'NO' and another 'F' from Ronnie. [Wink]

"In his life of Johnson..James Boswell said:  we can not predict the precise moment when friendships are formed."

That quote set the atmosphere for Foreman to vamp from Muffy to Buffy in an outstanding dual role.

Fashion Alerts: Collar up and collar down! .. Chaz's shades were 80's hot .. and check out Nikki's jewelry!

All the pranks to keep people on edge were good.. but a bit too far for Hal and Nan . come on Muff-child!

-

Goodrich and Rohner appeared to really be having fun making this movie.  That sexual position though.. ha.. I think everyone had a comment there.

The Nikki trapped in a well was a great scene.

Oh and the creepiest part of the movie was those little figurines dressed as the characters in the film! Right Veronica and the Rewinder formerly known as SA? [Razz]

So many great set-ups in the beginning that Kit and Rob give us the payoff on towards the end of the movie.

Speaking of the ending.. one of my favs.. though I didn't recognize that being Leah Pinsent for the longest time.

Another fun night at the movies!!

[ 02. April 2011, 15:11: Message edited by: Valley ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home