iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » looking for name of 2 films?...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for name of 2 films?...
TRSMMaiden
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7789

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TRSMMaiden   Email TRSMMaiden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately though I can hardly remember anything about them so I probably will not be able to provide enough information.

First one all I remember is a scene in some kind of lab and a little boy has been captured and he is being forced into some chamber and I think they might have been trying to turn him into a robot (?), his grandad was also there any the boy was yelling for help

thats all I remember about it [Frown]

The second one I remember even less about. I remember the main character in it he could look at traffic lights and change them from one colour to the next with his mind (he was in back of a card being driven somewhere and was doing this as he passed any traffic lights), thats all I can remember [Frown] The baddies in it were quite scary, just regular humans but donno I remember being scared of them when I was little, quite menacing.

I know probably not enough info but if anyone has any ideas, just 2 films I wouldnt mind watching again if I knew what they were called!

Posts: 13 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enerchal
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7806

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Enerchal   Email Enerchal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They both sound like one film: D.A.R.Y.L. About a boy called Daryl who is a scientific experiment. The acronym stands for Data Analysing Robot Youth Lifeform. I haven't seen the film in years, but I'm pretty sure both write-ups you did are from the same film. Anyone know any different?
Posts: 18 | From: South West England | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows
Rewinder
Member # 7821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Enarchal is right....D.A.R.Y.L. is the only one that come to mind.
Posts: 31 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked out D.A.R.Y.L. and i don´t think it´s the movie in question.

Daryl is already a robot when the movie starts and i didn´t see any traffic light scenes.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one could be The Fly 2 with Eric Stoltz.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home