iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Remember this movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remember this movie
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody ever seen the movie of My Pet Monster? I can't even find this one on imdb.com

It starts out a kid goes on a school field trip to a museum and he turns into a monster. He then goes around town as monster. Any help on where I can find this?

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eddie,
I remember it just by the name only. I believe its about 17-18 yeras old?

Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eddie,
I think I found something? There was a series in the late 80's called My Pet Monster.

Synopsis

Max bought a toy from a store, a blue monster with a pink face and a bulbous, spotted nose. It should also be pointed out that the creature was adorable. Anyhoo, what Max didn’t realize was that the monster would come to life, grow to six feet in height, and eat garbage. (Note: The creature was still adorable).

My Pet Monster was a co-creation of Those Characters from Cleveland, the American Greetings division responsible for such other cuddly toy/cartoon creations as The Care Bears and The Popples. "Monster," as the creature was affectionately named, was every bit as charming as his bear and popple cousins, but considerably more mischievous. Luckily, Max could turn his fuzzy playmate back into a plush doll by slapping a pair of toy handcuffs on Monster's wrists.

Contrary to his beastly image, Monster was actually friendly. Max’s sister Jill and his friend Chuckie—the only two people who shared Monster's secret—would join Max and Monster in weekly adventures, often involving Beastur, another monster from Monsterland. Beastur’s goal was to bring Monster (or "Monsey," as Jill liked to call him) back to Monsterland via a Dimensional Door, but the mean monster's plots never succeeded.

American Greetings' plush My Pet Monster dolls proved to be much more popular than the show itself, which left the air after only one season.

Release History

9/12/87 - 9/3/88 ABC

Sub Categories

animated
sci-fi/fantasy
comedy

Studio

Nelvana

Cast

Monster Jeff McGibbon
Max Sunny Besen Thrasher
Chuckie Stuart Stone
Jill Alyson Court
Beastur Dan Hennessey

Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
Sorry forgot to post the link:
http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/saturday/sa1146.php

Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I remember that cartoon. The one I'm talking about is a real movie with real people. I've been trying to find it for years. Everyone I talk to says there is no such thing. I actually have the My Pet Monster doll inspired by the cartoon. Thanks for the help though!
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
AHH! I found it on e-bay. if you care to see what the cover looks like, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1978789787

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home