iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Thrashin' (1986) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thrashin' (1986)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Thrashin' again this morning for the first time in awhile.. definitely an entertaining flick with an against the odds romance intertwined.

Great skateboarding stunts throughout with an edgy style to them that seemed missing for me in "Gleaming The Cube". Though Cube's seemed extremely dangerous as well .. they were just had too much of a planned feel to them for me.

And the Thrashin' soundtrack is quite underrated..

When "That's Good" by Devo starts playing during the ramp scene you realize early on it is time to pay attention.

My fav tune from the movie is the gem "Staring Down the Demons" by Animotion.

But "Let the Love Begin" fits well with the romantic scenes between Corey and Chrissy.

Oh Ronnie .. Thrashin' also has the France Joli tune "Don't Think Twice" from Modern Girls which totally made me think of you and our discussion about our quest to obtain "Angels In the Night". btw, did you ever find it?

Several more tunes .. but those are a few that stuck with me.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey valley, angels in the night still hasn't made it into my collection. [Frown]

i wonder what that song sounds like other than the angels in the night part haha. 'don't think twice' a great song.

i have this movie but i don't ever think to watch it. my daughter seems to like it though. probably because she knows Brolin from the Gooonies. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got to love this one,

Wild In the Streets by Circle Jerks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRIvssIfHo

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the X Games in full swing with some wicked skateboard action .. thought it was a good time to break out Thrashin' for another viewing!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for a minute i thought this was the one with lori loughlin in,but i'm getting my skateboarding films mixed up with my bmx films,that's rad.
i wouldn't mind seeing both of them,as they both sound like good fun!

hows this rate for entertainment value against the only other 80s skateboarding film i can think of - 1989's gleaming the cube!

[ 31. July 2011, 10:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just watched the trailer http://youtu.be/6allGZw0-qU for this and got to say it looks pretty wicked,i think i'm going to have to track this one down!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm a fan of "Gleaming the Cube", Slater and wicked skateboard stunts, but there is truly no comparison really. For 80's skateboarding .. Thrashin' is where it is at!

Warrior .. let me turn your double feature plans into a slamming Triple Feature:

1. Thrashin' - skateboarding

2. RAD - BMX biking

3. Airborne - rollerblading

And if you are really digging in for a night of X .. add in:

4. Winners Take All - motocross

[Cool]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i'm going to check out rad,winners take all and airborne on youtube valley as someone's posted the complete movies on there.

i'm going to start with rad,this looks a pretty cool movie,bmx biking,lori loughlin and with john farnham on the soundtrack,can't be bad!

rad - http://youtu.be/4eWLcoDRgvQ

as for thrashin i'm going to grab myself a region 1 dvd copy of it from ebay,the dvd's been discontinued but it's still reasonably cheap on there.

i've got a good gut feeling that i'm going to like it!

[ 01. August 2011, 15:46: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley > Spooky that you mention Winners Take All, I picked that up last week having never seen it before. Not had chance to watch yet but will this week at some point. [Smile]

MGM HD in the UK have been showing Thrashin' a lot this year. I wish one of the HD channels would air RAD over here though, one of my all time faves.

-
 -

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
my father gets mgm hd noikz,i'll have to keep an eye on the film listings,see if i can catch it on there at some point,i watched men at work on there the other month.

i noticed they show another film i've been longing to see-the malibu bikini shop (listed on there as just - the bikini shop)i've been trying to get my hands on that one for an absolute age!
great channel showing some great films with the bonus of them being in hd!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home