iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » forgotten 80's movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: forgotten 80's movies
lisaeckman27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7718

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lisaeckman27   Email lisaeckman27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anybody remember or seen these movies?

the new kids with james spader
invaders from mars
american anthem
salsa
lisa
night of the creeps
thrashin
zapped
fright night
vamp
sea prince and the fire child

i didnt see these under the 80's movies?
american ninja

Posts: 16 | From: hemet | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisaeckman27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7718

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lisaeckman27   Email lisaeckman27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops i saw fright night and zapped on there
Posts: 16 | From: hemet | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisaeckman27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7718

Rate Member
goulies and puppetmaster.
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen them all except "Salsa" and " The Fire Child". I've seen "Firestarter" with Drew Barrymore if that counts. I know "Salsa" has Rodney Harvey in it who was later on "The Outsiders" tv series, but I've never seen Salsa. The film makers were trying to capitalize on the "Dirty Dancing" crazy I believe.

Oh and "Night of the Creeps" is a hidden gem that everyone should watch. Awesome flick.. Thrill Me!

[ 01. February 2009, 13:38: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisaeckman27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7718

Rate Member
ghoulies?
lisaeckman27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7718

Rate Member
i loved china girl too
lisaeckman27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7718

Rate Member
three amigos?
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The New Kids" is a great movie, but extremely depressing and brutual, so I don't watch it very often.

I was disappointed in "Ghoulies", "Invaders from Mars", and "Sea Prince".

I'm not a huge fan of "Fright Night", but there are several people on here that think highly of it.

"Vamp" is a fun flick that I would recommend to fans of Long Duk Dong.

Thrashin' and "Gleaming the Cube" are the anthem for 80's skateboarding. I prefer the movie "Airborne" because most of it was filmed in Cincy where I live.

"Zapped" is another that is fun, but kind of fluffy now.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lisaeckman27:
anybody remember or seen these movies?

the new kids with james spader
invaders from mars
american anthem
salsa
lisa
night of the creeps
thrashin
zapped
fright night
vamp
sea prince and the fire child

i didnt see these under the 80's movies?
american ninja

These are the ones that I have seen from your list:

Invaders from Mars
American Anthem
Night of the Creeps
Thrashin'
Zapped
Fright Night
Vamp
Goulies
American Ninja
PuppetMaster
Three Amigos

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screwballs, Creature, The Wildlife, and Don't Open Til Christmas.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought American Anthem- there's a whole thread about it, I just watched it a few weeks ago. I really like it.

I really like the movie "Lisa" - that is a great movie title- [Wink] [Big Grin]

I never even heard of the Sea Prince and the Fire Child

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NIGHT OF THE JUGGLER

Anyone catch this one? I've been searching high and low for a copy forever. It stars James Brolin...check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiwTfgA7T2A

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Cappello:
NIGHT OF THE JUGGLER

Anyone catch this one? I've been searching high and low for a copy forever. It stars James Brolin...check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiwTfgA7T2A

Buy it here Tim Cappello:

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/Night+of+the+Juggler+/text_pics/ioffer/0/false

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mel1972
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7725

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mel1972   Email mel1972   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an 80's movie I'm not sure anybody knows about - STAR STRUCK. It's an Australian 1982 new wave/rock musical which was directed by Gillian Armstrong, of Oscar & Lucinda fame. It's real funny and the music is so tragically early 80's. I had it on VHS when I was about 12 and watched it 'til the tape wore out!
Posts: 12 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
mel, I saw "Star Struck" on late night tv once. It was quirky, but kind of like a new wave "Rocky Horror Picture Show". It could see it having a cult following.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Thrashin on dvd recently had not seen it for about 16 years,but when it first came out me and my mates always had it hired out from the local video shop.
Looks a bit dated now but still good skating film,agree that Gleaming the cube is better film but also a bit slow getting going.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home