iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Three O'Clock High

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Three O'Clock High
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....i've never seen it. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

i don't really know what it's about, but i figured i'd go to imdb and check it out.
my b/f was talking about it to someone and it caught my attention because i know some of you have seen it here. at least, i remember it being discussed here at some point.

is it worth checking out?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my mind, an 80's teen flick must have... very different from the rest of the herd, and very funny! Although I think Casey Siemazcko(sp?) was pushing 25 or something, when he did this!

Most def worth checking out!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome movie!
Great cinematography by Barry Sonnenfeld
and score by Tangerine Dream.

Go get it!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please see this one, you won't be let down. Really underrated gem. Has one of the greatest all time school bullies in it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone.

i'm gonna go ahead and order it. it sounds like something i missed out on!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without spoiling it, look for the scene he has with his English teacher. It's awesome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ronnie, I think it is time for you to tussle with Buddy Revell.

"You and me, we're gonna have a fight. Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. You try and run, I'm gonna track you down. You go to a teacher, it's only gonna get worse. You sneak home, I'm gonna be under your bed."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C.Rod
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for C.Rod   Email C.Rod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice picture Valley, you should have put the one where he knocks out the jock in the library
Posts: 23 | From: Hartford, Ct | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie...this one of my favorites when I was younger, and also a movie that has stood the test of time.
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i don't really know what it's about, but i figured i'd go to imdb and check it out.
The title kind of gives it away - it's 'High Noon' in High School. Face up to the baddie or get out of town by 3pm.

It was a bit of a flop when it came out. But it's definitely one that should have been more successful. It's a really nicely done little movie.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly, one of my film classes in college showed this as part of the curriculum. I should say it was definitely the most interesting one shown over the course of the semester.

So, anyone ever wonder, Buddy Revell vs. John Bender, who'd emerge victorious?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The title kind of gives it away - it's 'High Noon' in High School. Face up to the baddie or get out of town by 3pm.
Interesting...I hadn't thought of it that way. I always thought it was a play on the title of a WWII movie called Twelve O'Clock High, but I see the omage to High Noon as well.
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah you need to get this movie. I saw this thread and I am going to have to watch it tonight now.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
Interestingly, one of my film classes in college showed this as part of the curriculum. I should say it was definitely the most interesting one shown over the course of the semester.

So, anyone ever wonder, Buddy Revell vs. John Bender, who'd emerge victorious?

Buddy for sure! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have it on VHS, Laser Disc, and DVD. I like Casey and really liked this movie. Definately worth picking up.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG Ronnie you have seen this one yet??? You definitely have to I think that you will love it. I had it on VHS at one time and now I have it on DVD. My kids love to watch it.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen, I'm trying to remember actually when my own school officially ended it's day, it should be 3 oclock, but maybe 3:30. Not sure. I guess another movie 3:15 the Moment of Truth had a bit more time to prepare for battle didn't it? [Cool]
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Listen, I'm trying to remember actually when my own school officially ended it's day, it should be 3 oclock, but maybe 3:30. [Cool]

Really, that late? I got out at 2:00 in high school(the days I attended).
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dm
Rewind Curious
Member # 6178

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it for Christmas, decent movie, worth watching but not great.

Doug

Posts: 6 | From: wv | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That's why they call it continuation, so you can continue murdering people and still graduate."

I've always enjoyed the opening tune as Jerry is getting ready for school in supersonic I'm late mode.

The legend of Buddy Revell .. he still scares me!

"Are you Jerry Mitchell? I heard you're going to fight Buddy Revell after school today. You a black belt or something.. you look kinda small. Good luck."

Hey Muffy.. did you know that the high school used in this movie is movie is the same one used in one of our fav 90's flicks?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80s Movie Quotes
Rewind Curious
Member # 9340

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80s Movie Quotes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's a good read. Fast, angry.... sexual." - Jerry Mitchell, with cigarette in hand, gives a book report on "Honey Goes To Hollywood" ultimately seducing the sexy Miss Farmer. 80s Movie Quotes [Cool]
Posts: 2 | From: Miami, Florida | Registered: Dec 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"Three O' Clock High" just started on Encore Wam .. looks like it hooked me in again!

The legend of Buddy Revell!! [Cool]

Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last Christmas was the first time I had wached this as well. Knowing only that it was an eighties movie (Which warrents a viewing by that fact alone) with Casey Siemazcko who I had only known as side character roles from Stand By Me, and Young Guns. After I watched it, I came to the conclusion that it was not just another great 80's film but rather one of my all time favorites. Proving once agian that It is not just the fact that I grew up watching eighties films which makes me like them more than films being made nowadays but it is the fact that they are simply put better made movies.

It had me from the begining, a good song playing over the getting ready for school in a hurry scene. Great lines, characters and all around good fun.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont like people knowing about me
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a hidden gem..
every person i introduced this flick loved it and couldn't believe it wasn't a major commercial hit?

I love the editing, very samn raimi (evil dead) style in places!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home