iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Heavenly Kid (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Heavenly Kid
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"What a spazola! So, who is it? Which one of these lucky cats is my assignment?"

"The Heavenly Kid" has always been one of my fav movies from the 80's. My brother actually introduced me to Lewis Smith a little before he journeyed to LA. And as someone that always looked up to my big brother, I was quick to latch on to anything Lewis Smith appeared in.

I enjoyed that the plot was a mixture of comedy with heart. I still crack up when they are cruising around and Bobby is driving and Lenny asks him...."When you passed away, it couldn't have been in a car accident could it?"...."yeah, how'd ya guess?"

-

The scene where Bobby risks everything to show himself to Emily and they reminiscence by visiting her old street and the high school gym while the tune "Heart Of Love" plays is awesome.

"Don't worry... I got it covered!"

[ 09. February 2011, 13:16: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very cool movie Valley. I have not seen it in some time though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched this one and liked it.
Good to see Mark Metcalf also in this one
(the crazy Niedermeyer in those cool Twisted Sister videos)
Nice theme song by Jon Fiore.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No other fans of HK?

aTomiK, Metcalf in "Animal House" cemented his career. His role in "The Heavenly Kid" was totally different and made you like him.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought it was an underrated movie from the 80s. Didn't get the fanfare that a lot of the teen movies from that era got but I always thought it was better than some of the more 'popular' ones.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this movie...and thought Nancy Valen was pretty hot
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched this flick for the first time today. LOVED IT! I love Lenny trying to pick up chicks for the first time. Coming home drunk and burping in his dad's face and smoking some guys lawn shavings. Romantic, Nostalgic, and Sentimental.
Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Spreadking .. obviously "The Heavenly Kid" is a personal fav of mine, so I'm excited that you enjoyed it so much. Such great moments in this flick.

For a very long time my only good copy of this movie was on a DVR.. last year I finally got the dvd. I owe so much praise to Amazon.com... because there is no video store in my city that really keeps any selection of 80's flicks...

[ 27. March 2010, 03:36: Message edited by: Valley ]

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got this recently myself, and after this thread was bumped and I read the posts...it's tops on my list. I've never seen this one, so hopefully sometime this weekend....I'll let yas know what I think...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkcupcake
Rewind Curious
Member # 8769

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tinkcupcake   Email tinkcupcake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE the Heavenly Kid, I had it on video!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
TKO mentioned the Shandi tune in "Making The Grade" which reminded me of "The Heavenly Kid". And you know I'm always looking for any opportunity to give "The Heavenly Kid" some love.

So I think we now know the two movies I'm planning on watching tonight!

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this at Wal-Mart as a double feature dvd with "Teen Witch" for $5. I may have to go pick it up...
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Now THAT is $5 well spent!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica.. that is an incredible deal. Definitely worth taking the chance on.
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to stop there tonight after work to see if they still have it. Wal-Mart has a pretty good selection of 80's movies, surprisingly.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DO IT!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the same $5 deal with "Teen Witch" today too at Walmart..but I decided against getting it because i don't really remember enjoying either of those movies too much.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my $5 DVD deal from walmart.

I was able to download the MP3 of the song Heart of Love recently!

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
What I enjoy most about "The Heavenly Kid" is the fact that is quite different than most other 80's teen flicks. It is a movie that takes it time developing the story, but the payoff is worth it.

I really enjoy the tunes in the movie even though it is not considered a conventional 80's style soundtrack.

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Is the soundtrack actually available for download somewhere? I really liked it, especially the ending song.
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this. As first i couldn't believe how good it was since i don't remember watching it in the 80's. But i was shock how good it was. I couldn't believe at first that Malcolm in the Middle's Lois was in it. My god she was so Young! But I loved that Empty Nest's Richard Mulligan was in it. Very good!

I will rewatch again forsure!

8/10 stars

Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this one.....I caught it on cable alot way back when....I remember thinking when Malcolm in the Middle came out......."that's the woman from The Heavenly Kid" haha [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm thinking about watching this flick in a few minutes.. I've been in a sentimental mood the last few days and "The Heavenly Kid" is perfect for when you are in that frame of mind.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valley, i haven't watched this movie in a long time. i think i have only watched in twice in my life? so this would be great to see again.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Out on the edge is a great song in the beginning of the movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home