iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Christmas Movie Marathon (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Christmas Movie Marathon
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Christmas Story is a classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOXpyhM2wA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCr8QSGYss&feature=related
"you'll shoot your eye out" [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kase79
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7609

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kase79   Email Kase79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:

So,

Willy Wonka(its an Irish/British thing)

as much as this is for some strange reason hugh at Xmas in the UK & Ireland I think A Christmas Story is big in the US but relatively unknown over here. I'm in Ireland & I'm always amazed at how many people have never heard of this film. Shame really as it is classic & something I've been watching for many years.

Shame on you all, no mention so far of The Christmas Toy [Smile]

My list:

Christmas Vacation
Die Hard
Elf
The Christmas Toy
A Christmas Story
Christmas With The Kranks
It's A Wonderful Life
Santa Claus The Movie

Posts: 19 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far I've watched a ton of Hallmark/LMN made for TV Christmas movies. I've also watched A Christmas Story, Mickey's Christmas Carol and Garfield's Christmas. Still gotta watch Emett Otter.

There was another horror movie that took place during Christmas...I think at a sorority (it wasn't Black Christmas). Anyone remember it?

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are talking 80's movies....Christmas Vacation, Gremlins, Die Hard, and Better Off Dead are my favs.

If we are talking any decade....It's a Wonderful Life and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
So far I've watched a ton of Hallmark/LMN made for TV Christmas movies. I've also watched A Christmas Story, Mickey's Christmas Carol and Garfield's Christmas. Still gotta watch Emett Otter.

There was another horror movie that took place during Christmas...I think at a sorority (it wasn't Black Christmas). Anyone remember it?

Hey pettyfan, how about:

-

To All a Good Night (1980)

It’s Christmas break at the Calvin Finishing School for Girls, and the students are planning a big party while the president of the school is away. A group of boys show up and the fun begins! That is, until mysterious killer starts bumping off couples one by one. The police show up and promise to keep everyone safe, but they prove ineffective against the crazed psycho. Could the killings have anything to do with the girl who was killed in an initiation stunt at the school a few years earlier?

It starred Jennifer Runyon from the movie "The In Crowd", it was her first movie

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, it may be, Valley. To All a Goodnight is a movie I hadn't thought of in years. I'll have to see if it's available.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow...I never heard of that one...is it any good?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etphonehome
Rewind Curious
Member # 7612

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for etphonehome   Email etphonehome   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Silent Night, Deadly Night 1 & 2 last night! Wee!
Posts: 10 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etphonehome
Rewind Curious
Member # 7612

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for etphonehome   Email etphonehome   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To All A Goodnight seems cool. I think I'll get that next. Thanks you guys!
Posts: 10 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me know if "To all a good night" is actually good...cause I might have to track that one down too.

etphonehome-have you ever seen Silent Night/ Deadly Night?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etphonehome
Rewind Curious
Member # 7612

Rate Member
No, first time watching it the other night. Unless I have just completely blocked it out of my memory. But, probably the first time. I haven't finished it yet. But, so far, so good. [Smile]
pettyfan
Member # 2260

To All a Goodnight is available on Amazon, VHS format, for about $7, used. I also found one called Don't Open till Christmas, which looked pretty good, about a killer on the loose in London during Christmas time.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched one last night- not an 80's Christmas movie though. It was a new Hallmark movie called the Christmas Choir starring Jason Gedrick. I just wish he'd get a good starring television role and be able to keep it. Does anyone remember "Falcone", based on Donnie Brasco? The series failed, but I thought it was good. I guess this should be put into another thread, ha,ha.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far I've watched:

Christmas Vacation, Fat Albert's Christmas Special, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, Polar Express, Mr. Bean's Christmas, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas, A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, some of the classic Walt Disney, and Christmas Eve On Sesame Street. Many many more to go...I have almost 60 Christmas movies in total, and saving some of my favorites until the end....It's A Wonderful Life, Noel, The Nativity Story, An American Christmas Carol, Alistar Sims' Christmas Carol, One Magic Christmas, A Christmas Story, A Chipmunk Christmas, White Christmas, etc..... (I've been watching since early Novemeber.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I watched one last night- not an 80's Christmas movie though. It was a new Hallmark movie called the Christmas Choir starring Jason Gedrick. I just wish he'd get a good starring television role and be able to keep it. Does anyone remember "Falcone", based on Donnie Brasco? The series failed, but I thought it was good. I guess this should be put into another thread, ha,ha.

The Christmas Choir is one of the few Hallmark/LMN movies I haven't watched. Is it good?
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:

Hey PBG,

I watched it the same night you did. It was a good movie I thought. Gedrick looks just like he did 20 years ago too.

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pettyfan, it was okay. A little bit too predictable, but then aren't all Hallmark movies like that, ha,ha!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Willy Wonka(its an Irish/British thing)

Funny...I associate Willy Wonka with Christmas time as well, and I'm from the U.S. It's sort of like The Wizard of Oz, and The Sound of Music, which get played a lot during the holidays in the U.S., but are technically not Christmas movies at all.

Some of my 80's Christmas staples:

Mickey's Christmas Carol
Die Hard
Gremlins
Scrooged

Non-80's staples:

Home Alone
Reindeer Games
Scrooge (with Alastair Sim)
The Long Kiss Goodnight
A Charlie Brown Christmas

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saturnchick:

Reindeer Games

Finally someone else besides me with Reindeer Games!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched One Magic Christmas and An American Christmas Carol. Both great movies.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of my favorites petty....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I just bought Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I stayed up until 1 AM on Christmas Eve watching It's A Wonderful Life...after helping Santa set up. I hand't got a chance to watch my fav...so I had to do it.

I asked for Emmet Otter for Christmas, but didn't get it...haven't seen it around the stores this year. Good to save some for next year...with 60 + Christmas movies and counting....I'm running out of options...

pettyfan
Member # 2260

I never got around to watching Emmet this year... [Frown]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home