iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Best 80's mini series (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best 80's mini series
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you should at least be marginally interested in other cultures to appreciate it.

It's not as action packed as some might think. But the tension in the drama is palpable. And all the stuff you learn, you would have to read like five books to get the same info!

I always sort of liked his 'house girl' Fujiko [Smile]

It is a great show, with many layers. I have watched the dvd box, all eps. three times since I bought it. And I discover new things every time.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a teaser today for LMN channel- they are having mini-series mania starting next week, Nov. 23. http://www.lmn.tv/
It is the 25th anniversary of the Thorn Birds.
I don't get this channel though, cuz I only have basic cable, not the expanded version.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks PG.

i will have to check that out. i think i have that channel - lifetime movie network, if i'm correct?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bought two mini´s on dvd:

Brotherhood of the Rose (1989)

-

Mistral's Daughter (1984)

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mistrals daughter
Thorne Birds
Kane & Abel
North & South
A woman of substance

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boys from the Blackstuff (1982)

-

"GISSA JOB" [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
i am excited to see V and lonesome dove though!

Did you watch V yet Ronnie?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved the v series i watched it religiously i will have to see if i can get that series i was bummed when they canceled it!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its dirt cheap here for the whole series and two movie specials. $40 for the lot..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i will have to get it thanks jack!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Edge of Darkness' is another good one. The late Bob Peck was great in it:

Wiki Edge of Darkness

Beyond Hollywood Edge of Darkness Remake

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Water Margin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0227975/

Some of you might like to check this one out, it was here in the UK in the 80s shown on sunday afternoons I believe, my dad was always more in to this sort of thing than V so I have seen all of these and still waiting to see V which is more my kinda thing [Confused]

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I own the V mini series, It's totally worth the purchase.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, your right there Devo

WE Are CONFUSED..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it is "North and South" Book 1 and 2, hands down.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:

i am excited to see V and lonesome dove though! Did you watch V yet Ronnie?

arg, no 80'srocked, [Frown]
i haven't had time. the minute i watch it, i will let you know what i think. i know you and devo are fans of the series!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
arg, no 80'srocked, [Frown]
i haven't had time. the minute i watch it, i will let you know what i think. i know you and devo are fans of the series!

Huge fan here! Let me know for sure.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You do have to watch the first mini series then the final battle then the TV series in that order.

V only works like that.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yes i agree i remember that when i first watched the premier of it!!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought the whole V thing.
It´s going to be fun to see this again.

-  -

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have owned V the mini series and the Final Battle for a few years now and still think they are great to watch,but you do have to except it can look dated against newer series.
Have just purchased V the series on dvd and am upto episode 4,i loved watching it as a youngster and it's still great if a little cheesey in places.My only complaint is the sound can be a bit poor in places but the picture quality has transfered well.
Shame it got cancelled after one series and ended on a cliff hanger that was never resolved(unless you read the books).Also it was rumored to be the most expensive series made at the time costing 1 million dollars per episode.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Return to Eden (1983)
will be released here december 2nd.

I´m so going to get this!

-

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's it about?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
First it was a 3-part mini-series (1983)
then a 22 episode weekly series (1986).

I watched it in the 80s when the finnish MTV (not THAT MTV) showed it here.

I remember that it was a great show with nice twists.
Made in Australia so it´s kind of exotic.

Check out the synopsis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Eden

Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was The Gambler considered a Mini-series? If so that was a good one.
Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home