iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie title
cassadine
Rewind Curious
Member # 660

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cassadine   Email cassadine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this movie that would have been late 80/early 90s. I believe it was about this boy who comes home from college or reform school for Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays and there is a lot of miscommunication with his parents who are very very wealthy...he meets a girl whom I remember was a blonde. She made a lot of references to "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". The guy and girl developed a friendship which grew into more and I remember them meeting at night at the top of some stairs to smooch.

This isn't much to go on but I'm so stuck. I originally thought it starred Matthew Broderick and I thought it was called The Freshman. But I was way way off cause I watched The Freshman tonight. And, when I searched through IMDb I couldn't find that Broderick had starred in any such film.

I'm having such a problem with this that I'm wondering if I ever did see this film or if it was a dream. Help if you can.

Posts: 3 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try searching IMDB but instead of Matthew Brodrick, type in Jon Cryer. I believe you are thinking about the Film "Morgan Stewerts Coming Home"(1987)also known as "Home Front". Morgan is a rich kid coming home from a boarding school. He fights with his parents who are in midst of a political race for Govenor. Morgan keeps messing things up for them. Hope this helps! :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cassadine
Rewind Curious
Member # 660

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cassadine   Email cassadine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT'S IT THAT'S IT THAT'S IT!!!

wow! my mind can rest. i would never have thought to look through jon cryer's filmography. i tried every other 80s star.

wow, again. thank you so much.

Posts: 3 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! No problem Cassadine, glad I could help you ease your mind. :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home