iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Stop the insanity! Remakes and sequels (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stop the insanity! Remakes and sequels
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are remaking the movie to have the same premise...Jason is the killer...and he kills teenagers at a camp. There isn't a whole lot of plot in that movie. I don't know past number 4 if they actually connected the storyline/people together. But...does it even matter?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it does when it comes to remakes. Look at The Hills Have Eyes for example, the original it was just inbred mountain people and in the remake it was mutated people from atomic testing. That seemed to change it quite a bit.
Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly... I think they just want to capitalize on a franchise ...and they want to use the name....that's why they call it something people recognize. Otherwise...they could have a new killer with a football helmet on his head ..instead of a hockey mask...and have him called "BOB"...but would it get as much attention?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7408

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A sequel to Wall Street and a remake of Footloose what the frack,i heard Top Gun 2 is been talked about did anyone see Lost Boys 2 i wouldnt touch it but was it any good.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roger:
A sequel to Wall Street and a remake of Footloose what the frack,i heard Top Gun 2 is been talked about did anyone see Lost Boys 2 i wouldnt touch it but was it any good.

Yeah actually it was. You just have to give it a chance.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Losst Boys 2, yeah. But nothing can compare to Keifer (even another Sutherland in the sequel) as David. Seriously whenever I watch The Lost Boys I either cry or pretty much cry when he dies.

There's also the War Games sequel which came out the same day as Lost Boys 2 which was pretty good. I just wish that hollywood could be original again, instead of remakes and movies based off of books and "true events"

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys 2 was okay but apparently there was a small comic book series after the first movie. so the new movie takes place after the comics but they don't bother to explain what happened in the comics. So It's a little confusing.
Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
Yeah I was wondering what the hell was up when I watched the alternate endings and I've been wondering if they are going to make a third.
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aruba4me:
What is wrong with Hollywood? Did they all wake up, look into their 80's movie collection and decide that EVERY 80's movie needed to be redone?!

First a sequel to Wall Street and now a remake of Footloose; starring Zac Ephron no less. Can't they leave well enough alone?

Agreed but they will remake it, even if nowadays they luck that point that they were making 20 something years ago...

I found this website...I never knew they intended to remake Weird Science

http://www.cracked.com/article_16665_5-upcoming-remakes-80s-movies-that-must-be-stopped.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_16665_p2.html

Another one, but I think they already dismiss The Last Starfighter but seeing how things are going, who knows... [Roll Eyes]

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/15211/38_planned_movie_remakes_you_didnt_know_about.html

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home