iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 3 Favourite Movies (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top 3 Favourite Movies
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that for most people this is a VERY hard question but see if you can do it.

What are your Top 3 all tyme favourite movies?

Mine are:
1. Labyrinth
2. Breakfast Club
3. The Lost Boys

(and if you want to throw in favourite musical: The Rocky Horror Picture Show)

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man that's torture!!! But if I had a gun pressed to my head, and had to give my 3
80's favourites, it would be :
1. Big Trouble In Little China
2: Gremlins
3: The Burbs

My 3 all time favourites:
1: The Godfather
2: Halloween
3: The Shawshank Redemption

And my 3 secret movie's I love but don't tell people, :

1: Sleepless In Seattle
2: When Harry Met Sally
3: You've Got Mail
But hey, I'm all man!!

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All time:

1. Contact

Not sure about 2 and 3

[ 07. March 2009, 11:46: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm, hard, hard, hard, but I think these are mine...

All-time: The'Burbs, The Ringer, Mean Creek

80s: The 'Burbs, The Brass Ring, Somewhere Tomorrow

Horror: Lost Boys, Children of the Corn, Silver Bullet

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Mmm, hard, hard, hard, but I think these are mine...

All-time: The'Burbs, The Ringer, Mean Creek

80s: The 'Burbs, The Brass Ring, Somewhere Tomorrow

Horror: Lost Boys, Children of the Corn, Silver Bullet

Oh my God!!! The Burbs... I love this movie so much!!! Never find anybody to talk to about it!!! So brilliant. I watch it like once a month. It is one of my all time favourites.. [Smile]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major
Rewinder
Member # 7478

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for major   Author's Homepage   Email major   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm *thinks thinks thinks*

ALL TIME: The Outsiders
Young Frankenstein
For the Love of the Game

80's: Pump up the Volume
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Outsiders

Horror: The Shining
The Exorcist
Audrey Rose

Posts: 36 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pump Up the Volume is 1990....but a great flick indeed.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I have ever watched the Burbs either...I think I have seen maybe bits and pieces of it.

This is really hard.

I can't pick 3.

Gone with the Wind is my all time favorite movie.

If it isn't from the 80's....some of my favorites are:

The Other Side of the Mountain
The Bad Seed
The Birds
Madame X
To Kill a Mockingbird
Cool Hand Luke
The Towering Inferno
The Poseidon Adventure
Old Yeller
The Incredible Journey
Where the Red Fern Grows
Jaws
Halloween
Saturday Night Fever

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...and the 1st 3 Dirty Harry movies.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:

But hey, I'm all man!!

that's okay. I'm the girl that everyone considers a 'guy' i guess and my little Guilty pleasure movies would have to be

1 An Affair To Remember
2 Atonement
3 Sleepless In Seattle

so it's okay [Smile] thanks for sharing them though

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
pettyfan & Mr Jack Burton,

I refrence The Burbs EVERY time someone doesn't agree with me on a petty subject and I just look down and kick my foot on the ground and walk away. Gotta Love It!

Isis,

noticed The Towering Inferno in your list, I don't know why, but when I was little that movie REALLY freaked me out.

But I guess the fear wasn't enough to keep me from fire. (I LOVE fire spinning!)

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
What is fire spinning??

My son is a huge Steve McQueen fan, he has all his movies...and out of all of them..I love that one, and The Hunter.

My favorite Romantic Movies are:

Liar's Moon
Fire with Fire (more fire..)
The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia

My favorite action are:

Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
First Blood

My favorite comedies:

The Toy
Mickie and Maude
Stir Crazy

My favorite Horror:

Friday the 13th part 2
Silent Scream
He Knows Your Alone

Favorite Teen movies:
Valley Girl
Private School
April Fool's Day

YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
Noice, Noice, and Noice again ISIS. (Cool enough to get the typed version of a New York accent)

Well I spin with a staff. It's pretty much a staff that you put kevlar (I do belive) heads on each end, soak them in white gas, light them on fire, and pretty much play with it and spin it.
It's REALLY fun to do while at a drum circle or listening to like psychedelic rock.

But there are other ways to play with fire too. You should check it out. It's fun AND really great excersise.

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch, this is hard.

All time:
- A Streetcar Named Desire (Brando at his best)
- The Notebook (can't believe you didn't like it, Isis)
- Lucía y El Sexo (I'm a sucker for Spanish movies, especially Medem/Almadóvar)

80’s:
- The Sure Thing
- The Burbs
- Summer School

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that throws me off is GENRE. Cuz I can name favorite Horror movies til the cows come home. (huh???)

My Top 3 Movies Of ALL TIME are probably

1. GREASE
2. WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
3. THIS IS SPINAL TAP

Honerable mentions would have to go to 16 CANDLES and CANDYMAN cuz I love them too.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
All time:

Contact
Fire in the Sky
Goodfellas

I always loved the movie Contact, and people thought I was crazy. I have never known anyone else who liked it other than me!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Sorry TKO about the Notebook. I just saw "Nights in Rodanthe" too, and it wasn't what I had hoped for either. My friend that went with me...she said when we came out of the theater...that she just realized that she likes Nicholas Sparks's books way more than the movies they make them in to.

A friend of mine has a small part in the movie Contact.

The playing with fire thing...I might pass on...I don't want "Burning down the House"-to become my theme song. [Wink] [Big Grin]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
I always loved the movie Contact, and people thought I was crazy. I have never known anyone else who liked it other than me!

I don't just like it, I love it. It is my favorite movie of all-time. I am a huge sci-fi buff and big time into UFOlogy. When this flick first came out, it blew me away.
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

I like sci-fi too. I loved the movie...wasn't crazy about a few parts, but overall it was great. I watch a lot of the shows on UFO's and all that. I was the kid at Space Camp...yes total science nerd, I went to Space Camp 6 times....and asked about UFO's and wanted to learn about them. I was certain they had some sort of evidence there.
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by YourEyesCanBeSoCruel:
pettyfan & Mr Jack Burton,

I refrence The Burbs EVERY time someone doesn't agree with me on a petty subject and I just look down and kick my foot on the ground and walk away. Gotta Love It!

Ha ha ha... Brilliant!! Just brilliant!! 'Awww can't Ray please come out Carol, please'???
I love that bit!!

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:

that's okay. I'm the girl that everyone considers a 'guy' i guess and my little Guilty pleasure movies would have to be

1 An Affair To Remember
2 Atonement
3 Sleepless In Seattle

so it's okay [Smile] thanks for sharing them though

Thank you for not laughing and calling me girly boy!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Love An Affair to Remember by the way!! I'm a sucker for anything romantic, especially the oldies!! My favourite, The Philadelphia Story!! I love Jimmy Stewart!!

EleanorJune
unregistered

This was a tuffy....

1. Boondock Saints
2. Star Wars
3. Back to the Future

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
This was a tuffy....

1. Boondock Saints
2. Star Wars
3. Back to the Future

I love The Boondock Saints!!! Say, if you like the Irish boys, you'll love me!! [Wink]
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I can't pick 3. I keep going back and forth...
It's ust not fair!!! [Big Grin]

I too like Contact and Fire in the sky.

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys
Revenge of the Nerds
Uncle Buck

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home