iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who can figure this out??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who can figure this out??
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dacaria   Email dacaria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could have been late 70s or early 80s: this guy gets exposed to radiation I think and gained superhuman powers. They only thing that could drain his powers was the color red (or it could have been pink). I remember a scene where he was running to catch something or someone and he had a red scarf (or feather Boa) wrapped around his foot. Another scene had him blowing up a piece of gum the size of a hot air balloon. I know it sounds strange, but can someone help me out? Thanks.

[ 27. October 2008, 21:41: Message edited by: dacaria ]

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dacaria   Email dacaria   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind, after all these years, I finally stumbled upon the movie. . . AFTER I asked the question. It's "Super Fuzz" (1981).
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried explaining this movie to people for YEARS!!!!!!!!! You remembered pretty much all I remembered about it. Everyone kept telling me it was Greatest American Hero, which I personally had never heard of until people told me that was it. I knew it wasn't, from their descriptions. Took me nearly 20 years to find out it was Super Fuzz. The way I finally found out was: I met my wife online (through yahoo messenger, not a dating thing!). She's Brazilian, and I lived there for two years with her. Turns out, she's a huge fan of Terence Hill/Bud Spencer films. So I was looking them up to rent for her, and came across Super Fuzz!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dacaria
Rewinder
Member # 2818

Rate Member
I came across it in a strange way myself. I was looking up hot air balloons, and somehow somebody posted about the scene from the movie. I was floored when I finally learned the title.

Here's one that's still stumping me:

I'm looking for a movie I saw late one night years ago, I don't know if it was from the 70s or 80s, but it was about a secret group of women who were trying to gain power of major companies and such. They worshipped I think the goddess Artemis, and their symbol was a bracelet, which had a bow and arrow charm on it. I remember the ending, where the group was destroyed, but one young girl was left and you saw her practicing archery. Can someone help?

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think aTomiK answered this on another thread... "Amazons":

IMDB Amazons

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home