iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Chopping Mall (1986) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Chopping Mall (1986)
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Demolition High" (1996)
Love this movie !
should have made at least $50 million

Chopping Mall ... when the lady burns up I always get sad and turn it off, because of the emotion of her boyfriend. He really sells it.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this tonight and loved it. Great to see The Galleria that we all love from "Fast Times" and lots of familiar faces from other 80's movies...Loved the references to "My Chauffeur" and the posters of other 80's movies like "Slumber Party Massacre" and "The Lost Empire" in the background. The exploding head is too awesome for words!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I mentioned John Terlesky in the "Allnighter" thread. For anyone that hasn't taken a chance on "Chopping Mall" ..

-

don't you think it is about time for some after hours fun at The Sherman Oaks Galleria??

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you guys watch these horror movies? Am I the only one who gets scared?
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Admirer.. I seldom get truly scared while watching horror movies. They will sometimes make me jump or the gore might make me cringe a little, but watching a good horror flick is like riding a rollercoaster at an amusement park in my opinion.

And movies like "Chopping Mall" are more fun than scary really. Then you have real horror fans like There'll be no morning for us and pettyfan that probably press repeat on the DVD player when stuff like an "exploding head" occurs. Ha

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, cheeky [Big Grin] Well, maybe now and then hehe [Wink]

I've never really been properly scared by them since I was a kid. But many of the older horrors, especially 60's and 70's have such great atmosphere and can give me a lovely creepy feeling still [Cool]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kelli.. here's a "Chopping Mall" thread from a few years ago.

Do you remember this scene in "Chopping Mall":

Where Suzie says to Alison..."Hey, would I set you up with a slimedog or something? No way babe!".....and they both say..."It is babe, isn't it."

Was that really a "My Chauffeur" reference?

Thread is up to two pages of comments, so you have to hit page 1 to read it all.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched this for the first time.....it was funny and cool being that I loved all the actors and the cheesy effects and great music.....I liked it but I don't see loving it so much i'd need to own it. Kelly and Tony steal the movie of course.....! Glad I saw it though......did make me reminisce about the old mall I used to go to in the 80's [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffy.. I totally understand your thoughts on "Chopping Mall" as a decent movie, but not one that you would buy to watch again.. I think Simoneer mentioned that it never reached the 'so bad it was good' level and just saw it as bad. While others like Tiffany and Cindy Mancini see it as awesome 80's horror fun.

When I watch "Chopping Mall" .. I can actually see all of those reviews as possibilities. This movie is best watch at 3am with a cold frosty brew in your hand.

Rootbeer and Exploding Heads make for a wicked late night combination.

Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think for me this movie signifies classic 80's horror. I love the tongue in cheek humor mixed with over the top killing scenes. If you go into this movie expecting a serious horror flick with a detailed plot then you will probably be disappointed but thats not really how I see 80's horror.
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey everyone! Let's give "Chopping Mall" some appreciation.

I'm trying to hold out until October to watch it again, but I just don't know. Definitely, on our list. [Cool]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home