iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Welcome to a Circus of Terror - Clownhouse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Welcome to a Circus of Terror - Clownhouse
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Their faces are fake. Big happy eyes, big painted smiles. It's not real. You never know what they really are."

-

Finally got around to watching this little entertaining flick again from 1989. Whether you like clowns or hate clowns, this is a cool one to watch in October. Three brothers are terrorized by a group of lunatic clowns in a small town. Pretty cheesy at times, but definitely has it's moments. I recommend giving it a try....especially if you are afraid of clowns.

-  -  -  -

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't this the one with some type of controversy surrounding it? Something about the director? I'll probably never see it because I hate clowns!! It sounds good, but clowns are like rag dolls...they're all evil. [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember when i worked at the video store, i always passed by this coverbox and never took the movie home.
i should have, but i think i am scared of the whole clown thing hehe.

it sounds like it's worth watching. thanks 80'srocked, i am going to try and find it!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The premise of this clownfest was promising and it might be the first movie that I remember Sam Rockwell being in.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two cannibals are sitting on this island eating a clown. One cannibal looks at the other and says: Hey, does this taste funny to you? [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this years ago and remember being creeped out by it. Yes I hate clowns. They freak me out. A few months ago I found a used copy of the dvd at a store in Ohio and they wanted $40 bucks for it. I passed it by. That was a bit too steep for a used copy.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McFly.. you asked about "Clownhouse" on the horror thread. Here is a thread about it started by 80'sRocked awhile back..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll definitely be watching this again for the Halloween horror movie run starting again in October!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Wasn't this the one with some type of controversy surrounding it? Something about the director? I'll probably never see it because I hate clowns!! It sounds good, but clowns are like rag dolls...they're all evil. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

The film aroused controversy as a result of director Victor Salva being incarcerated for sexually molesting one of the "Clownhouse" child actors Nathan Forrest Winters.

You can read more here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clownhouse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Salva

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home