iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » meet & greet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: meet & greet
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this ever happens, or if it's been brought up before, but I used to be a member of 80's exchange (until they stopped accepting we based e-mail and I couldn't log in anymore! Very happy that I found this place!) and every so often, members would meet. Do you guys ever do that?
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some members do, yeah. Isis also set up a DVD exchange once, where she sent out personalized DVDs for members with clips from their favorite movies and music videos. I still have mine. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have wanted to do that...for like forever...I offered to have it here at my home....like 4 years ago...but that turned out badly. But, it could have been cool...it could have been life altering for some people. Ha.

But, I totally would do that....but everyone is so spread out....I mean really really spread out.

There's Paul in England

Toni- Germany

Stitch -Australia

TKO- Belgium

Ronnie-Arizona

Sam- South Dakota

Jessica- Kansas

Valley- Ohio

Riptide- Canada/Nova Scotia

Bandit- Norway

Lupa- Arizona

Bionic Bigfoot- Texas

Muffy- Washington (the state)

and everyone else is spread out just as badly....

Cindymancini and I lucked out that we got together, and we get along so well, and that we have more in common than just the 80's...we have alot of the same interests.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be so cool if that happened. With the recession loomming/or in effect I've feeling like I would love to pull A lost in America, buying a van, using my savings and travelling across North America for a year. If I take myself up on this you will all be notified (those in North America at least). Maybe turn it into a documentary. The shaky, unprofessional camcorder kind that is. I just need to find a ballpark figure for expenses and these kinds of things.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like an awesome goal, Riptide.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rip, I did a small, 3 state version of your idea this year.

Arizona, Nevada and California. Loved it. It was only 3 weeks, and quite expensive, but what a great time. [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember ISIS inviting a lot of us to her place a few years ago.wud have been very cool and ya never know... maybe one day it will happen for us all.
TKO invited me over to his part of the planet also,but sadly timing and funds got in the way.
And RAINBOWBRITE and myself became very close friends [Big Grin] [Wink]
I always text PAUL at christmas time and every now and then EARTH ANGEL and myself exchange texts too...ooh iv changed my number so must let them know lol.
Its so nice that a bunch of ppl who joined this site just to chat about films have ended up being so close with each other.im just sorry ive not been around as much lately...but The Smayt is never tooooo far away hehe.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If everyone decides to meet in one place....I'll be there. I already went on one get together from another website and it was a freakin' great time. We all met in Florida a couple years back. People showed up from all over the US, Canada, and even some from overseas.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...anyone coming to PA...contact me. I have strangers staying with me on a daily basis...so you guys-I actually know more about...plus I know I'd have something to talk about.

I am totally booked from now until next May.

There's going to be someone here...just about every day.

We can film our own "April Fool's Day" remake.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smayt Shatner:
TKO invited me over to his part of the planet also,but sadly timing and funds got in the way.

I still regret we couldn’t pull that off. Same goes for Isis’ Rewind Party.

Say Smayt, are you located somewhere around the London area? Cause I’ve been wanting to visit London for god knows how long now.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No my friend im along way off london.im around the sheffield area.hoping bto visit london myself too.mayb we cud all go suprise the shrimpmeister at work lol
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man! If only I knew this before. I visited Manchester a couple of times last year. And apparently Manchester isn’t THAT far away from Sheffield, is it?
We could have easily arranged something.
Anyway, let me know if you ever plan on visiting The Shrimpmeister in London and who knows.

At least I don't need a plane for such a trip. [Wink]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Texas myself. That other sites meet and greet had 15+ people from all over the country, and if I remember right, 1 from Scotland. I think they did one every year, in a different location. Anyhow, with so many people scattered around the world on this site, I can see the problem with the logistics!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually met the most of you guys in person [Smile] Isis, Cindy, Earth Angel and Duckie! The Angel and I were supposed to meet Shrimpmeister and we ended up not.......sad....... [Frown] I love this site and wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I've actually met the most of you guys in person [Smile] Isis, Cindy, Earth Angel and Duckie! The Angel and I were supposed to meet Shrimpmeister and we ended up not.......sad....... [Frown] I love this site and wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.

next time you get over, we'll need to make sure we have a gig lined up at the same time, so that you can meet up with the rest of the band as well! I'm sure Lee would like that as much as me....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else live in Hawaii?
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna party and listen to loud azz music with Sam and Noms sometime lol.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul i'm so down........it would be awesome to see you guys play!!I keep trying to get Lee to sign up on the Rewind.......he would so add some great conversation [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
Anyone else live in Hawaii?

I'm pretty sure of it, yes. [Big Grin]

But on a more serious level, I don't think any other person on this board does.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Lets all meet at Nick's house!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Indiana, but travel LOTS for work. I am sure eventually I will be in someone's neck of the woods.
| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My travels for the rest of this year are:

New York, China, N. Dakota and European Tour with our concert choir.

Busy busy busy!

| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home