iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » John Hughes ruled the 80's.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: John Hughes ruled the 80's....
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow, I just knew Paul was going to pick "Some Kind of Wonderful". [Razz]

Oh and Jessie never voted, but it will be "Sixteen Candles" according to Doc Brown's latest invention.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Somehow, I just knew Paul was going to pick "Some Kind of Wonderful". [Razz]

Copycat [Wink]

Actually, it was a tough choice between that and Weird Science. [Confused]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the teen movies, 'Pretty in Pink'. From the rest, 'Vacation'. Is that cheating? I find it hard to compare the two groups of movies.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrymiss
Rewind Curious
Member # 7445

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cherrymiss   Email cherrymiss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas Vacation!!
Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Science

For anybody that enjoyed the Soundtrack. Enjoy!!

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Just one? The girlie part of me wants to pick 16 Candles. But my funny bone wants to pick Vacation.

I think I am going to have to go with my funny bone this time and pick Vacation.

"The dog wet on the picnic basket."

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems a shame that he doesn't write and direct as much movies as he used to anymore. [Frown]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...this was a no-brainer for me:

The Breakfast Club

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horrible horrible question, but if I had to it would be Uncle Buck..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Breakfast Club
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda88
Rewind Curious
Member # 7595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Amanda88   Email Amanda88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a tie between Planes, Trains, & Automobiles and the Vacation films. I'll go with European Vacation as my favorite.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bornin1974
Rewind Curious
Member # 7597

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bornin1974   Author's Homepage   Email bornin1974   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Sixteen Candles!

"Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease."

Posts: 8 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorfan_008
Rewind Curious
Member # 7606

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for gatorfan_008   Email gatorfan_008   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many great movies and only one choice... With that being said, I'm saying Some Kind of Wonderful...

"The Human Tater-Tot"... [Embarrassed] )

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My choice would be Pretty in Pink. It is the best of all of them.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, you're not gonna believe this, but I had this very bizarre dream, and you were in it. [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy choice that includes scenery and wildlife fun
 - , its the 2nd favorite that would be a difficult choice.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Audrey, when they close roads, they put up big signs, like this one...AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
37 dollars for 3 tents
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Spit)...We'd like to send out a mailer...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't answer this the first time around but I gotta go with 16 Candles!!

I never get sick of it! Ever!

"I don't even have one tenth of the bod to fill the stupid bust up..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't decide. It's the toughest decision I have ever been faced with [Big Grin]

Explain this you son of a ........

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
(Spit)...We'd like to send out a mailer...

One of my favorite lines from "Vacation"... Brian Doyle-Murray has really had some nice scene-stealing parts. He was hilarious in Chris Elliott's short-lived, but brilliant, TV series "Get a Life," as a cop who loses his job for urinating on his boss.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home