iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Killer Clowns From Outerspace

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Killer Clowns From Outerspace
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindymancini gave me this movie for my birthday.

We ran in to a Killer Clown at Monster Mania.

Clowns give me the creeps.

What does anyone think of this movie.

I don't know anything about it, I have never seen it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great movie

great song

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie!
Get it if you can!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it...Cindy gave it to me. I just didn't have a clue what it was about. Can you guys give me an idea of what it is about?

I never knew there was a song either.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the band the ****ies who sing the song, a great SoCal pop/punk band from the late 70's/80's.

Really have a bad aversion to movies with clowns/puppets in them so I never wanted to see it again after one viewing.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's one of the cheapest 80s movie on DVD..i got it for $1.99 [Big Grin]

This movie is extra-cheezy but it a Cult Classic

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this for $5.00 at the mall...only cause I've heard it mentioned on this site a few times. Also haven't watched it...also have no clue what it's about......
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie, and it is exactly what the title says. They are killer clowns from outer space! I love it when they turn people into cotton candy and drink their blood out of crazy straws. LOL!

It is quite funny, but I hate clowns too so it may be corny but a teeny bit creepy.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie...it's craptastic! I just sent Muffy a copy to enjoy!

I think my favorite part is when there is like a bunch of guys all hanging out in the hood and they see one of the clowns standing in the alley looking at them so they start making fun of it and the clown just stands there steadfast staring at them and tilts it's head and then punches the guys head right off his body! I lose it everytime!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and don't forget Suzanne Snyder (Deb) from Weird Science is in this!! Yay!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Where I Remember Her From!!!
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
We were at a flea market today, and we found my mom a clown outfit from a woman who was selling all her costumes from her rental business...it is a cool costume...so I told my mom she could be a Killer Clown for Halloween.

I am going to have to watch it soon.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny movie. I too hate clowns! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent movie.......people think its some direct-to-video crapfest filmed on VideoTape but its not, back in the 80's when this came out it got a LOT of buzz on the horror-fan circuits and in Fangoria

(remember kids, before the days of the interweb for commoners like you and I)....mostly due to its makeup, but also because it turned out to be a really good movie.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killer Klowns is a lot of fun to watch. If I remember correctly, I think there is a pretty good commentary track on the DVD too!
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space again last night.
Damn it´s still hilarious!

Awesome old school fx from the Chiodo bros
and the cast is great:

Grant Cramer (New Year´s Evil, Hardbodies) and Suzanne Snyder (Weird Science etc.)
as the young and scary couple.
John Allen Nelson (Hunk) and John Vernon (Everything) as the policemen.
And of course the crazy Terenzi brothers Michael Siegel and Peter Licassi.

John Vernon has the best lines without a doubt.

I also love the John Massari score and the songs by The D1ckies.

I still remember when we watched this first time back in the day
and listened the Killer Klowns from Outer Space EP by The D1ckies.

-

If you haven´t seen the movie, it´s a bout time!

killer klowns trailer

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always thought that this was a funny, well- done movie, maybe the rare exception to the thought that you can't deliberately set out to make a campy movie. It's clear that most of the budget went for the clowns, which was a good call, since they are great. And John Vernon delivers the priceless line, "Are you telling me that there are..Killer Klowns from Outer Space?"
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was scared of the popcorn guns when I was a kid [Razz]

Great film [Smile]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love this movie and i totally ended up getting the killer klown figure with the popcorn gun and cotton candy cocoon hanging on the stand! [Smile] i think i bought it from Suncoast Motion Picture Co, back in the day.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. that is freaking awesome! [Big Grin] Maybe we should do a double feature with "Killer Klowns" & "ROTLD"!! Ya think?

-

I must admit this movie makes me laugh out loud with its crazy concept and antics. But don't forget that those Killer Klowns are scary cool with wicked intentions.

-

Speaking of great comedy horror flicks, but I'm not sure this flick qualifies because there are parts of the movie that actually creep me out a bit.  For instance when the clown is motioning to the little girl to come out and play with him and when that other clown uses Moody as a puppet.  Both great scenes, but not for everyone especially if clowns make you uncomfortable.

-  

This movie has to be considered a cult classic by now. It is up there in my opinion for quirky comedy horror.  The tone of the movie was excellent and never took itself too serious to keep you from laughing at times. 

-

It was so neat to see actors like Grant Cramer (Hardbodies), Suzanne Synder (Weird Science), John Allen Nelson (Hunk), & John Vernon (Animal House) in different roles.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had already seen a bunch of low budget cult horror films with clowns in them from the 70's or earlier by the time I first saw this movie. So that's probably why the clowns in this movie weren't the least bit frightening to me. So to me, saying that this is a comedy/horror film is a bit of a stretch. It's just plain comedy to me. Though I will agree with Valley on the Mooney Vantriliquist scene...that scene IS probably the creepiest in the whole movie.

But all these things aside, this is a fun movie with some good animatronic effects and a very bizarre, but inventive story. One thing it did do is make me uncertain of cotton candy for awhile..i always had to check it twice before consuming it...lol.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
val, i almost posted about that scene, myself. it definitely creeps me out too.. the makeup used on Moody.. with the rosie cheeks and lips...like a clown.. so freaky!

-

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
caught this bit of news on horror site arrowinthehead http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/the-circus-is-back-in-town-with-the-return-of-the-killer-klowns-from-outer-space-in-3d there's plans for a return of the killer klowns in 3d movie for release some time next year and there's even a little promotional teaser trailer out for it - http://youtu.be/5atRWVGAsrM . i've just
read a bit more into this,seems the script has been penned,they have all the necessary funding and are currently in talks with disributors and if it all goes well then it will be all systems go!

[ 11. June 2011, 13:02: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home