iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Very First Movie You Ever Saw in a Theater (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Very First Movie You Ever Saw in a Theater
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Science is the earliest film I remember seeing in theaters...although it was probably not my first film to see, it is the first one that I remember seeing at the theater.

The film was playing at a cinema that years later became a discount theater.

The theater had two screens and seating capacity was 410.

The last movie I attended there was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which I took my daughter to.

Unfortunately the theater closed about a year ago and has since been torn down. I had many nice film memories there and it was sad to see it go.

Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The very first movie I saw I a theater was Disney’s Peter Pan.
On my own the first one was either An Officer and a Gentleman or E.T. I don’t remember exactly. It depends on which came out first.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Evans
Rewind Curious
Member # 6576

29 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kathy Evans   Email Kathy Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in 1968; the very first movie I "remember" seeing in the theater was "The Rescuers" (1976). My mother also took me to see a double-feature, "Escape from Witch Mountain/Return to Witch Mountain" around the same time. The next one I remember seeing in the theater was "Star Wars" (1977).
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 29  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing THE BOATNIKS (an obscure live-action Disney film) at the Hartford Drive-In in Newington, CT in my pajamas with my parents. Thats got to be my first movie memory...drive-in anyhow...and it must have been around 74 or 75 when those Disney movies were in re-runs at places like Drive-In's and stuff. I am pretty sure it was playing with one of the Herbie The Love Bug movies. I also remember those Witch Mountain movies, and falling in love with that girl [Smile]

The first movie that I can recall I ever went to see completely alone was, of all things, CONAN the Barbarian..and I loved it. I also have no idea how I got in the theatre, since I'm pretty sure that was an R movie [Big Grin]

I remember taking my future wife to see The Lost Boys on one of our first dates.

Since then the movie experience has largely gone downhill for me. Not only are the movies I actually enjoy so few and far between these days, but the theatre experience has changed so badly that I almost can't relate. The endless pitches, the cell phones, the loud patrons and badly behaving kids, kids flipping open LED-laden phones 20 times an hour to text.....I've given up.

Home Projector, 110" screen...DVD, HDDVD and BD....I'm golden. Plus you get used to DVD/HDDVD/BD quality and go to the theatre and all you see are scratched and dirty prints, poppy sound, lousy focus...its embarassing.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie I ever saw in a theater was Driving Miss Daisey. I remember it well because my sister and daddy went to a different movie while my mom and I saw that. She also took me to get my ears pierced afterwards because we had some time to kill befor my sis and dad were done.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major
Rewinder
Member # 7478

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for major   Author's Homepage   Email major   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does a drive - in count?

I saw my first movie, Orca, at the drive - in. In an actual theatre, my first was Star Wars.

Ah, the memories *sighs*

Posts: 36 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ISIS:
[QB] One of the first movies I remember seeing was "The Other Side of the Mountain". I remember me and my mom went to see it. That was 1975.

I remember seeing alot of the old Walt Disney movies at the theater when I was a kid...like Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Snow White, Cinderella, Bambi, Dumbo, Old Yeller, and The Swiss Family Robinson.

I honestly think the Disney movies should still be played at the movie theaters...

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, forgot to comment on Isis' quote above! Isis, remember "The Apple Dumpling Gang"? I remember waiting in line for that one! How about all of those Disney movies that starred a young Kurt Russell? Ooh and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"? Those Disney movies were great fun!

The first movie I ever saw was "Sleeping Beauty" in the theater that they run out of in the original Blob movie (the Colonial) and I was 4yrs. old.

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by major:
Does a drive - in count?

I saw my first movie, Orca, at the drive - in. In an actual theatre, my first was Star Wars.

Ah, the memories *sighs*

i also saw orca at a drive in. i think i was 7 or 8 at the time. i remember a lot about that night too. it's funny some of the things you remember.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty & the Beast

yea, it's not that cool...but I was only born in 1985! Which makes perfect sense of why I am totally committed to living the 80's lifestyle right now!

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry and the Hendersons!!! Oh man, I loved it..

Haven't seen it in years but remember my cousin bringing me to it when I was about 6.

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Harry and the Hendersons!!! Oh man, I loved it..

Haven't seen it in years but remember my cousin bringing me to it when I was about 6.

Jack,

It's out on DVD now. Yes it's still just as good!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent!! I will get it for sure. Probably have to go on the net though, no sign of it in my local shop here in little ol' Ireland!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie I can remember seeing was "The Rescuers". I was about 6 and my parents took us to the drive-in movies. In the family van no less. *chuckles* I remember they would make me wear my pajamas so I could be put straight to bed once we got home.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's_wild_child
Rewind Curious
Member # 7503

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80's_wild_child   Author's Homepage   Email 80's_wild_child   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ET without a doubt even had my poster from McDonalds with me.
Posts: 9 | From: Orlando | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home