iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » VAMP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VAMP
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this again last night. I could not believe all of the extra stuff that was on the DVD. They had a bloopers real, behind the scenes footage and actors/directors commentary. What did you all think about this one?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this one in years, but I do remember liking it.....being a vamp flick and all.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going through an 80's vampire movie period as well. Didn't now the DVD had all the extras, a good time to replace the beat up VHS. Also was the owner/bartender of the club in Seinfeld later? I seem to recall he was Jerry's parents next door neighbour in Florida if I recall.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bingo Riptide that is where I have seen him before. I am going to go and look him up now. I knew he looked familiar I just couldnt' place where from.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Sandy Baron. He played Jack Klompus on Seinfeld. Seinfeld is my favorite TV comedy of all time. I must have seen every episode 20 times each!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the dvd but iŽve never seen this.
My all region dvd player has been broken 3 months now and all i have is a basic r2 player.

I ordered new all region machine about a week ago (a cheap one)
so soon i will watch the flick.
This will be good, i know it [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie,

"Vamp" is an underrated vampire movie, it has been years since I've seen it though. My biggest issue is that I can't stand Grace Jones, so that is a drawback for me. But this is another movie on the whatever happened to Rudy from "Meatballs" 80's guide. Also, great for Long Duk Dong fans as well. I haven't seen the DVD extras, but I always enjoy that kind of stuff.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie! I remember a freidns howing it to me when we were teenagers and us having a ball watching it (She liked the movie so much she would rent it every few months). A few years back a Mom & Pop video store in my neighborhood was going out of business and I found a copy. I watched it with my best freind and its appeals were totally lost on him. I guess it was a little too silly for him...but I think that was part of the reason I liked it: It was funny as well as creepy.
The other guy (not "Rudy") looks like a guy I used to go out with.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
That's Sandy Baron. He played Jack Klompus on Seinfeld. Seinfeld is my favorite TV comedy of all time. I must have seen every episode 20 times each!

He passed away in 2001 of emphysema.

R.I.P

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mamamia do you mean Robert Rusler? He was so hot in Shag. He looks a little weathered in the face these days but I bet he would still pass as a hottie.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was he in SHAG? I know he was in NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 and WEIRD SCIENCE. Well, i guess I'll have to rent SHAG again. hahaha.

have not seen what he looks like nowadays....and I dont think I'll look online for photos. I rather remember him young and juicy!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
Mamamia do you mean Robert Rusler?

He played Tommy Hook in Thrashin' as well.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I'll have to rent that too!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this for the first time last night and I have mixed feelings...I thought the cast was GREAT!! I think Robert Rusler is beyond hot! He was so arrogant in Weird Sciene and well, arrogant and gorgeous in Shag. Didn't know he was in this!

I also enjoyed Deedee Pieffer. She was in The Allnighter and I always thought she was cute and wondered why she didn't go further than she did in terms of an acting career.

Grace Jones was at her freak nasty best! Some scenes were a little too gross for me but overall, it was good. The soundtrack was kind of cool too!

I liked how there was some comedy mixed in for good measure and also how the lighting was predominently dark or green and like pink...so 80's!!! Perfect!!

I'd probably watch it again, perhaps even buy just to have.

As for the extra features, the one rehearsal clip of the director and Grace Jones working out the sex scene was titilating to watch...I think the director was kind of enjoying Grace sitting on top of him and licking his neck and stomach...it was so odd to watch...but great that someone captured all that on film. Extras rule!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stampaholic
Rewind Curious
Member # 7468

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stampaholic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm looking for a vampire movie from the 80s- the kid gets bit by a vampire and puts a bandaid over the bite. then after reading a note from his girlfriend saying she thinks his cut is infected, they show blood running from the bandaid. is this the movie you are talking about? i thought it was fright night but i just saw that and it wasn't it.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally watched Vamp and it was awesome comedy/horror flick!
That After Dark club sure was a wicked place!

The cast was good. Chris Makepeace was solid and this was made just before Captive Hearts which i saw recently.
Grace Jones was great changing her outfit in every scene.

IŽll watch the extra material later.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always championed this movie and IMOP it is one of the finest comedy horrors ever made!

If you like this try, Fright Night 1 and 2 and the Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Welcome back Mire Mare... [Big Grin]

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home