iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Little Darlings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Little Darlings
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe they have never released this to DVD. I was so excited that someone had it at Monster Mania...I don't know how the guy knew...maybe just by looking at us...we look like we would love that movie...because he had sat a copy of it aside, and gave us his last copy of it...and we watched it Saturday night.

We agreed that Matt Dillion was totally hot in this movie.

Love the beginning of the movie...the music is awesome.

I found this cool clip off you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEthhtlyWNI

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also love that movie. All camp flicks are great. Good cast and story. Should be on DVD definitely.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a huge camp film lover too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome movie.

i rememeber back in the early 80's it was on WABC Channel 7 NY on a saturday night. since it was on broadcast tv all the "good stuff" was cut out. my mother still had a s**t fit and wouldn't let me watch it. i was bummed, but i was later able to see it on cable, which was better.

and for the longest time i felt like i had seen cynthia nixon somewhere but i couldn't put my finger on it. then i remembered she played one of the girls in this movie.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:

and for the longest time i felt like i had seen cynthia nixon somewhere but i couldn't put my finger on it. then i remembered she played one of the girls in this movie.

Nixon was also great in The Manhatten Project. I love that movie.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You know I am surprised that Matt Dillon has never been married. He doesn't have kids either.

His looks have changed alot over the years too.

Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so Little Darlings was how I found this awesome sight! I can't understand why Paramount hasn't issued this movie on DVD either! With Matt Dillon being nominated for an Oscar a few years back (for Crash), and Tatum O'Neal's name being in the news so much lately, one would think that they would have wanted to make some cash off of the publicity good and bad generated by these two! Plus with Kristy MacNichol's name constantly being whispered as being a possible contestant on Dancing with the Stars, they would have picked up on that too! Duh!

BTW Isis, my first boyfriend that I had in 1980 looked exactly like Matt Dillon did in this movie except he had lighter brown hair. Alas, we had broken up after a year of dating in 1981, but this flick brings back some fond memories. I always wondered why Matt never married as well and the only gf I remember him having for any length of time was Cameron Diaz, but they broke up ages ago. Hmmm...

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
You know I am surprised that Matt Dillon has never been married. He doesn't have kids either.

His looks have changed alot over the years too.

Stranger too is the fact that Kevin doesn't look like he's aged a day since about 1988.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw him in Swing Vote. He is starting to look older... For a long time though he never aged...

He was funny in the movie BTW.

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh man my biggest 80's crush to this day........Matt Dillon..........anyone seen The Saint of Fort Washington with Dillon and Danny Glover......90's movie but awesome! I remember loving him so much all over again when There's Something About Mary came out.

Little Darlings has always been a fav of mine!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They can't release the DVD until they get the music rights sorted out. There are a few big name artists that appeared on the original soundtrack. I guess until they see a viable marketing opportunity they won't bother with the DVD, or worse... they'll release it with generic songs!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

21 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh! I had completly forgotten about this movie! I loved it! I remember watching it with my parents one night while we were on vacation. They still have an old VHS copy of it. I am so going to have them bring it to me next time they visit.
| Site Updates: 21 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
oh man my biggest 80's crush to this day........Matt Dillon..........anyone seen The Saint of Fort Washington with Dillon and Danny Glover......90's movie but awesome! I remember loving him so much all over again when There's Something About Mary came out.

Little Darlings has always been a fav of mine!

Muffy,

That was one of his best movies I thought... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Havn't posted here in some time, but just wanted to let anyone that lives in the Los Angeles area know that they are screening LITTLE DARLINGS tomorrow night (this Saturday) at New Beverly Cinemas! I've never seen the flick, but I am pretty fired up for it!

Every saturday @ midnight they screen 80's movies (classics and ultimate cheese). This place is a goldmine, last week they played "The Gate" and in a few weeks they are going to be screening "Over the Top" and "The Wraith"!!!

check out
www.myspace.com/newbeverlymidnights
for a complete schedule of awesome flicks to come!

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice....Sounds like a great cinema.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Tim Cappello-That is so cool that somewhere they are playing 80's movies in the theaters...I want for that to be what they do in EVERY theater...I honestly believe that alot of people would start going to the movies again, if they played those.

I think Little Darlings...is a timeless movie...every girl goes through that stage of their life, and in this movie they do it in a way that isn't really sleazy...and they do show the emotional side of what they are dealing with..I would love to see this movie on the big screen. Let us know what you think, especially since you have never even seen it ever.

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been saying that for years about movie theaters. These huge multiplexes ought to devote one theater to showing only revival films. They would clean up. I'd kill to see some movies in the theater again.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from the screening. Little Darlings is a GREAT flick! I guess they were dead-on with the tag-line for the movie..."DON'T LET THE TITLE FOOL YOU". Haha, some of the things they could get away with in the 80's were amazing. The film had a lot of heart, in a John Hughes sort of way, but completely original. Awesome soundtrack as well, starting the movie out with Ian Matthew's "Shake It"....such a feel-good tune!

Right before the film started the director's daughter spoke for a few minutes on her mother's behalf about the making of Little Darlings (she couldn't make it to the showing because she doesn't fly on airplanes). The theater was almost filled to capacity, which was surprising for a 12:45am showing!

Oh yea and the guy that runs the cinema passed out Little Darlings PINS for everyone in the audience. Haha awesome flick and just a rad experience to see it on the big screen!

for more info on this theater:
http://www.myspace.com/newbeverlymidnights

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim.....that is an awesome story. Everyone needs to read the previous screenings and previous special guest section. I'm like wanting to move to LA just for this theater. This is the ultimate for 80's fans.

Did anyone else notice that they have "Waxwork" playing in November?

And Isis, one of your favs "The Stepfather" on November 8th.

Riptide, Cindy & Ali_with_an_i, we already missed "Just One of Guys" and "Chopping Mall", but is this place not the coolest or
what?

NowhereGirl, how close are you to LA? They had "Streets of Fire" recently.

Oh and Jessie...."The Legend of Billie Jean".

[ 31. August 2008, 16:57: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I want to go there too! I love The Stepfather...

I remember when my roommate and I had a moving party...we moved out of an old apartment in to a new one....we rented a big screen TV and a VCR and rented a bunch of movies, and we all got pillows and blankets and laid on the floor in our old apartment...with no furniture-because we had moved it all to the new place....and we watched The Stepfather. It was so cool. We all stayed up watching movies all night and eating pizza....all the guys we worked with were there with us...it was so much fun.

I think those kinds of movies from the 80s are so much fun to watch with groups of people.

I would love to have a movie theater that played old 80's movies...especially a Drive-In...I think it would be awesome to be open the whole month of October and play old 80's horror movies all month long. How much fun would that be?

Those movies make great date movies.

Tim-that sounded like so much fun to go too....I love that they gave out pins. That is the coolest. Do you plan to go to any more?

Have you seen the Stepfather?? If you haven't ...I highly recommend it. I watch it every year during the month of October.

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
I hate that drive-in's are all but gone in America. Somebody really needs to bring them back in a big way. Such a pivotal part of my youth lost to time...
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an awesome theatre! They should have on eof those in evry city!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you again Ali!!!!

Thanks for the info on this thread Valley. I am going to check out the myspace event. It is so sad that so many of us come from small towns that don't have access to something like this. I know that I would totally jump at the chance to view one of my favorite flicks in the movie theater again. It would be so worth it for any movie. The one that I would really look forward to seeing at the theater would be The Goonies though. It is because I remember the first time I ever saw it. It came out on my 11th birthday and I got to see it that day. A funny thing about it is that the movie theater that I saw it in is still in my town and has been refurbished. It would be awesome to get to see it again. I think my day just got better and I am going to get a little less work done now because I am going to be too excited to check out the site!!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
Oh you better believe it, I plan on going to as many as possible. Next up is Michael Mann's THE KEEP on the 20th!

Then I definitley plan on going to...

9/27 OVER THE TOP.....w/ special guest the bratty little kid (can't remember his name) from the movie. He will be speaking about making the movie and working w/ Stallone!

10/4 HARD TO KILL.....haha Steven Segal, oh boy. Should be a fun night though i'm not sure if there are any guests scheduled...

10/25 THE WRAITH...interesting story behind this. As soon as I found out about NEW BEVERLY MIDNIGHTS, I posted a comment on their myspace asking if I could request a flick...I told them how bout THE WRAITH...two weeks later I check the site and sure enough, THE WRAITH is being played! Maybe it's a coincidence? But never the less, I'm pumped. Big fan of this film.

And come November, I will probably check out THE STEPFATHER and WAXWORK, although I know nothing about these films. Do any of you suggest these 2 movies?

I hope some of you can make it!!!
Anyone from the West Coast??

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I said I highly recommend The Stepfather. I love that movie. It is an awesome thriller. They made sequels to it, but they all stunk. I like Jill Schoelen. Terry O'Quinn is so great as The Stepfather. Go see it. It is a great fall movie...because it has alot of pretty fall scenery in it.

I also love Waxworks. Zach Galligan, Michelle Johnson and Deborah Foreman....how cool is that...and it is a good one right after Halloween. It has the scariest werewolf in it that I have ever seen in a movie. I highly recommend it to.

Did you recently move to California?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home